Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paris In The Roaring Twenties

Harp

I'll Lock Up
sadly I believe there is nothing more new that I don't know or haven't read ....but

here and there.....I keep looking.....you know

Tomkins' Living Well Is The Best Revenge; Amanda Vaill's Everybody Was So Young...?
Vaill penned an excellent Spanish Civil War literary focus: Hotel Florida, which bore inside Hemingway's psyche.:)

HadleyH1

One Too Many
Tomkins' Living Well Is The Best Revenge; Amanda Vaill's Everybody Was So Young...?
Vaill penned an excellent Spanish Civil War literary focus: Hotel Florida, which bore inside Hemingway's psyche.:)

Harp, thank you!

"Hotel Florida" by Vaill, seems very interesting! I will try to get that one! thank you!

the two other bios of the Murphys I already own and love.....:D

HadleyH1

One Too Many
Another mentionable from Paris 1920s.. very mentionable...Gertrude Stein and Alice Toklas at the door

apartment / 27 rue de fleurus, paris, circa 1920

HadleyH1

One Too Many
Gertrude Stein with Ernest Hemingway’s infant son Jack in Paris (1924) Luxemburg Gardens

Jack of course was the Dad of Margaux Hemingway ....and Mariel

HadleyH1

One Too Many
Hem ...the grandfather of American beautiful models ..grand daughters...... he was so much more handsome that their grand daughters ......
In mind and face he was better...

But his mind................. way, way beyond all his family.....he was a genius...he was the best American writer of the 20th century.

here in a passport photo Paris 1920s

HadleyH1

One Too Many
While living and working in Paris in the 1920s he, and his first wife and son Jack ... took many holiday trips....like all Americans in Paris did!

Last edited:

HadleyH1

One Too Many
Man Ray, photographer, painter, and filmmaker who was the only American to play a major role in both the Dada and Surrealist movements. He spent most of his career in France. He photographed everybody in the 20s and beyond, well almost everybody.

EngProf

Practically Family
Man Ray's photo of a girlfriend in France in the late 20s, Lee Miller....

Suggested reading: "Lee Miller's War" about her photographic experiences during WWII. She was a photographic correspondent for "Vogue" magazine and took many excellent military photos. She traveled across Europe with the 83rd Infantry Division taking pictures as she went.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points