Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parting ways with your Vanson Enfield? WTB 40-42

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Competeion weight will take time! It'll be something you have to work with and wear as much as possible.

BBaptiste

New in Town
it’s extremely tough to not pull the trigger on a new one. I just know myself and I know that if I get a new one it will never leave my place except to go back to the post office to send it to ones of you guys out there on FL

BBaptiste

New in Town
Howdy folks. I scored this Vanson “Marauder” for $150 in possibly the shadiest online purchase I’ve ever been apart of but I stuck with it and it and here it is. Really stoked on everything about it minus the mega corny marauder patch that all of them seem to have came with. It came in this patch removed condition which I’m fine with cause I would have done the same. My question for FL is what the hell i’m gonna do about reducing it’s obviousness. Goo be Gone? I’m willing to experiment. The pic doesn’t really show it but it’s a bit beat (perfect for me) so I’m not gonna kid glove this one. Any info would be a huge help
image.jpg

Attachments

• A2CC69DE-A4D1-47D2-BF41-30ABD194BF9A.jpeg
    A2CC69DE-A4D1-47D2-BF41-30ABD194BF9A.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 370

RustyM

New in Town
I bought a Marauder this winter in like new condition and the previous owner had cut the patch off of it too. I've done everything possible to try and hide the spot, even filled the needle holes with black antique paste and it was still really obvious. I've decided to just put some other patch on it or leave it as it is. My wife says it's not obvious but it bothers me. It's still my favorite Vanson of the 8 that I own.

BBaptiste

New in Town
I used some goo be gone and a fresh razor on the spot as I felt like anything would be an improvement to being able to read Marauder. I could have been more patient and done a better job but it hasn’t kept me from wearing the jacket at every chance. Really love it. PI’ll post a pic and you can decide for yourself but I think it’s an improvement and have since gotten over it a bit.

BBaptiste

New in Town
I should mention that this marauder is a 44 so the Enfield I’m looking for would be possibly a 42 but more likely a 44.

RustyM

New in Town
My Marauder is a 44, the rest of my Vansons are 46's and 48's. You might want to measure the jacket and ask for measurements when you get ready to buy a Enfield to make sure it's a good fit. The Marauder seems to run quite a bit larger than my other ones.

BBaptiste

New in Town
Hmmm this is good to know thank you. The only area I could go a bit tighter would be in the shoulders. Length and sleeves fit perfectly. There’s a 46 Enfield on eBay now in my price range...

BBaptiste

New in Town
My Marauder is a 44, the rest of my Vansons are 46's and 48's. You might want to measure the jacket and ask for measurements when you get ready to buy a Enfield to make sure it's a good fit. The Marauder seems to run quite a bit larger than my other ones.
01F53875-8B33-42FC-A1D9-F017B586D486.jpeg
Here is a look at the 44 Marauder shoulder. I took some loose measurements and the 46 Enfield seems like it may work. Thoughts? I’m 6’1” 185 lanky.

woof@

New in Town
You guys may know this, but the Marauder jacket was designed as a giveaway that came with a new Suzuki Marauder motorcycle. It was a time when the Japanese makers were all trying to steal a slice of Harley Davidson's big cruiser market.

I've got a size 42 Marauder for sale, if anyone's interested let me know and I'll send some photos. They're cut really big, I would say it more like a 44 or 46.

IMG_3280.JPG

BBaptiste

New in Town
You guys may know this, but the Marauder jacket was designed as a giveaway that came with a new Suzuki Marauder motorcycle. It was a time when the Japanese makers were all trying to steal a slice of Harley Davidson's big cruiser market.

I've got a size 42 Marauder for sale, if anyone's interested let me know and I'll send some photos. They're cut really big, I would say it more like a 44 or 46.

View attachment 232882
Wow. Thanks for the info

BBaptiste

New in Town
If you are in Europe, you may want to pck up the size 42 Enfield currently on ebay-kleinanzeigen.de. Shipping over to the US probably too expensive.
Just checked it out. Still available. How much does is say it’s going for? 350 euro?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch