Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patey Hats

Graemsay

Practically Family
I was in the centre of London yesterday, and decided to visit Patey Hats, who recently opened a shop on Connaught Street.

I've been wanting to take a look at their bowlers for a while, but they used to be based out in the wilds of Dulwich, and I never made it out that far. The shop opened two months ago, and is a distinctly easier to reach destination.

My main focus was on their bowlers, which are constructed using a traditional Goss body. They're significantly heavier than those sold by Lock, and correspondingly sturdy. And a row of hats sitting on a shelf illustrated the shapes they do, ranging from an understated low crown to a rather dashing tall crown.

The finish was very nice, though the underside of the brim had a fabric, rather than felt, and you can see it in this photo.

blackcountrylowbowler.JPG

Oh, the shop also stocks traditional riding hats, toppers and fedoras. So it's well worth a visit. I had a nice chat to the woman in there, whilst a family was waiting to get fitted for a riding cap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass