Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paulhan & Fils Montpellier Vintage French Military Trouser

Tommy

One of the Regulars
They appear to be French Military Trousers, I couldn't say how old, They look and feel fabric-wise, like a typical 1940's army weight, but I don't know anything about French Military Trousers. With what little info I could find on the company, it looks like they supplied them during the war, just don't know how long afterward. I think they just sat in someone's trunk for decades.

I bought them thinking there might be enough fabric to let out to fit me, but alas, the size is a bridge too far for me. They are basically 34/33's with a 12 inch rise (46 " length from trouser top to bottom). There's about 1" to play with, unless you decide to remove the two pleats (sacrilege!) but they'd provide 1" more inch each.

Description: Heavy Wool, Brown, Button Front, Inward Pleats, No moth damage. No stains. There is what looks to be a dirt/mud splash at the bottom of one pant leg (see Photo), that I believe a dry cleaning would easily remedy. The only issue I see with this pair of trousers is the back pocket corner edge seams have a little separation (see photo), which I think would be easily resolved with a little hand sewing. The inside waist at the center rear would need resewn (see Photo) where I seperated it to look under it to see how much fabric was available to let out, and there is a 1-1/4 opening on the inseam that needs resewn - but no damage there. The inside button on the fly is missing, and would need replaced. All other buttons present and accounted for.

I know how some of you guys like this older button front inward pleat heavy wool style, I like it, they just don't fit me, and I am sure they could find a decent home from a lounge member.

PM me with an offer if you are interested, and we can go from there. I don't have PayPal or an Ebay account, so we'll have to make other arrangements.

001-1.jpg

Button Front/inward Pleats (that white spec on the fly is some lint I didn't notice before photographing)
003-1.jpg

Manufacturer's label
004.jpg

Waist Measurement
009.jpg

Back Pocket example
010.jpg

Dried splash on trouser leg
008.jpg

Belt loops, side shot
002-1.jpg

Inside of trouser leg bottom