Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pea Coat?

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Ah! Something vintage I can comment on!

Yeah... pea coats look great with fedoras. At least my Indy fedora.

They are also dang fine coats too. Mine was my grandfather's Navy issue from Korea.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'd like to see one with a fedora. Fedoras go with everything.
Pea Coats looks great with Greek Fisherman caps and watch caps.
I wore one when I was a teenager. It was vintage with the widest lapels. I wore it out. Boy, I miss that jacket, though it would be half my size.

Havana

One of the Regulars
I have been toying with idea of buying one of Wested's Dr. Who coats which is a leather Kriegsmarine coat very similar to a pea coat. I think it would look great buttoned or unbuttoned with a fedora.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Costco was selling one very cheap (it is costco you know) last season. Looked high quality, but it had a zip up sweater thing sewn into the front. Very odd indeed.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I still have my Dad's peacoat from his time in the Navy during WW2, and wore it through college. The lining finally started pulling out of the wool due to the age of the coat, so I retired it.

It was one fine coat, and weathered the toughest Ohio winter that could be thrown at me while at Ohio State in Columbus Ohio.

I have no clue why I've never bought another one.[huh]

Regards! Michaelson

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a pea coat as well. Not very good quality wool though. Scratches me so don't wear it to much. Nice for the winter though. I only wish I bought a good one the first time. Its hard to justify replacing a jacket you don't wear to much. http://store.crownsurplus.com/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=296 is where I would buy one from now.
Havana - if you look at the "Das Boot jacket" thread we are talking about the Dr. Who coat from Wested. it is very similar to a pea coat. Oh, and I plan to wear my fedoras with it. :p

Johnny

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Found this thread from way back in 2006 and was wondering the same thing as the OP. Anyone do this and if so, can ya post pics?

Anthony Rice

New in Town
Fedora's in my opinion go with everything, though it depends on where you live on if it's fashionably acceptable. Here in Sweden you can where jeans a peacoat and a Fedora and look part of the Alt indie sub genre, has a little class, and thats just one example. It all depends where you are.

It's a bit like the subject of tight jeans.

Fifty150

One Too Many
Wear what you like. If you are a fedora guy, then you will wear it with everything. I'm a Pendleton guy, and I wear those with just about everything. Obviously I can't wear a Pendleton with a business suit or formal wear.

Create your own style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael