Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peaky Blinders???

31 Model A

A-List Customer
Bummer...…..did some reading and Season 5 is not to be released until Summer 2019. Rumour has it, since Al Capone was mentioned in the last episode, Season 4, there will be more mention of him in Season 5 and possibly a meeting.

31 Model A

A-List Customer
And considering how bloody good BE is, that is saying something...
Having just binge watched all five seasons of Boardwalk Empire and since I had not see it for a second time since it's first showing, I believe I was wrong when I stated earlier that I thought Peaky Blinders was better. This time around for BE, I noticed a few things I had not before, lines said and even know I knew what was coming, I forgot when. A lot of tragedy for individual lives, some turned out they way they lived, some innocent characters turned out well but very few, actually only one came out well and she deserved it...IMO. Everybody got their due!!!!!!

Although I wait patiently for PB to return, BE still is a bit more on top in era enjoyment....IMO!!!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Having just binge watched all five seasons of Boardwalk Empire and since I had not see it for a second time since it's first showing, I believe I was wrong when I stated earlier that I thought Peaky Blinders was better. This time around for BE, I noticed a few things I had not before, lines said and even know I knew what was coming, I forgot when. A lot of tragedy for individual lives, some turned out they way they lived, some innocent characters turned out well but very few, actually only one came out well and she deserved it...IMO. Everybody got their due!!!!!!

Although I wait patiently for PB to return, BE still is a bit more on top in era enjoyment....IMO!!!

I am afraid you will now have to re-binge watch PB so you can realize how your original position was proper and correct! (insert sarcastic smiley face here because I cannot see the icons for them on my screen at work).

As for that character, what they did with her over the series was, in my view, the key and central flaw in the writing! I hate spoilers, so I won't delve into details, but man, what a wasted opportunity!

31 Model A

A-List Customer
I am afraid you will now have to re-binge watch PB so you can realize how your original position was proper and correct! (insert sarcastic smiley face here because I cannot see the icons for them on my screen at work).

As for that character, what they did with her over the series was, in my view, the key and central flaw in the writing! I hate spoilers, so I won't delve into details, but man, what a wasted opportunity!
It's still only my opinion. I gave PB a personal like because of my time with brits. Irish and Welsh, I sorta felt at home, although the Irish was prevalent in BE and added some humour from time to time. The unexpected turn of events in BE that happened almost in every episode were surprises for me, that said, so did PB have a few too. BE though was during a time in the US that I have the most interest in, late 20s/ early 30s. Cars, music, sports, fashion and babes. IMO, that's not present in PB. Just the raw and rough Birmingham as it still is today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points