Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pegasus Leather Safari Jacket

06911s

New in Town
I could not find any pictures with this jacket on the forum so here are few picks with the fit. It is my first FQHH jacket and I ordered it online from their website http://www.pegasusjackets.com. The color is very nice and is called "Aged Merlot". The owners Kevin and Joanna were very nice and accommodating to my questions and requests. They design the jackets in France and produce them in South Korea from japanese FQHH, american hardware (my jacket has no zippers but most of there other models do) and italian lining. I found the quality outstanding but cannot compare with aero and other manufacturers since I don't own any of these yet (I have an aero sheen on order now and should receive it shortly).
photo5-2_zps3a158d7b.jpg
photo4_zpsda51fae8.jpg
photo2-3_zps92960087.jpg
photo1-3_zps17f18695.jpg
photo3_zps0b088f9b.jpg
photo2-4_zps2f8b71b2.jpg

Jeigernaut

New in Town
Would think theyd be cheaper with production in korea. I really love the double-breasted luftwaffe.

Great looking jacket btw. Looks like shinki. Maybe that explains the price.

06911s

New in Town
South Korea?

Yes, I asked Kevin about that since the jacket was mailed out of South Korea and he confirmed that. I changed my order later into the production process (i downsized from 40 to 38 and I am glad I did). I thought the reason they were able to acommodate my last minute change was because they had a pending return from a customer, from South Korea in this case. Even though not made in France, as I thought it would, the quality is great. I admit that if I would have known that it is outsorced I would have not purchased it since the price is on the higher side. But again, quality and customer service are both outstanding. I am happy with it, the color is also unusual and nice.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the information. I didn't know about Korean manufacture with this brand. Good to know.

Worf

PS to Cyber... certainly not NORTH Korea!!!!!

06911s

New in Town
Would think theyd be cheaper with production in korea. I really love the double-breasted luftwaffe.

Great looking jacket btw. Looks like shinki. Maybe that explains the price.

There is a black one in size 40 for sale on ebay. It is actually a resale, it was sold by a FL on ebay and now it is listed by the buyer at a higher price:) Here is the link for the Luftwaffe http://bit.ly/1fHd8PQ

Last edited:

eggleman

One of the Regulars
Nice looking jacket , they certainly seem to get the small details right , but they charge serious prices for a Korean made jacket IMHO ...

sshack

A-List Customer
Wow, that's impressive. But not surprised-- South Korea manufacturing is top notch. If i may ask-- price? Never mind-- found it.

You said it's Japanese horse leather-- is it from the famous Japanese leather factory, Shinki or something like that?

Last edited:

06911s

New in Town
Wow, that's impressive. But not surprised-- South Korea manufacturing is top notch. If i may ask-- price? Never mind-- found it.

You said it's Japanese horse leather-- is it from the famous Japanese leather factory, Shinki or something like that?

Kevin didn't mention the exact tannery from where he sources the leather, but here is the link with a detailed description of the thickness and weight: http://www.pegasusjackets.com/horsehide-leather.php

06911s

New in Town
I like it, a bit different. Is it terribly heavy.

Here is a link with the description of the leather they are using http://www.pegasusjackets.com/horsehide-leather.php
I believe it is midweight but can't compare since I don't have a Horween jacket yet.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
How long has their production been taking place in Asia? I bought one of their jackets about a year ago and could have sworn it had been shipped from France

06911s

New in Town
How long has their production been taking place in Asia? I bought one of their jackets about a year ago and could have sworn it had been shipped from France

I ordered it january 21 and received it last week, so about 8 weeks total.
I was surprized to see it coming from anywhere else than france, maybe initially they where made in france and then outsourced ? Who knows, being shipped from france is not a guarantee that it was made in france since there is no tag except the size and type of hide. But the quality is very good, I don't regret the purchase but I wish this would have been disclosed on their site.

pipvh

Practically Family
I think I'd like it better without the epaulets and the breast pockets, though it is still very, very nice. Manages to avoid that deadly '70s vibe, which is the curse of most safari jackets.

06911s

New in Town
I think I'd like it better without the epaulets and the breast pockets, though it is still very, very nice. Manages to avoid that deadly '70s vibe, which is the curse of most safari jackets.

I believe their customization is limitted only to arm and back length...

nabottle

A-List Customer
I've checked out the Pegasus site and noticed this model. I think it looks great in your photos and if I only had a good, logical reason to NEED one.........Great purchase, 16911s!

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I've checked out the Pegasus site and noticed this model. I think it looks great in your photos and if I only had a good, logical reason to NEED one.........Great purchase, 16911s!

We don't NEED anything beyond 1 of the cheapest jackets in our size available at the Burlington Coat Factory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ