Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pegasus Leather

Metatron

One Too Many
Hullo fellow members, I don't know if this maker has been mentioned before, but the website is very professional, and the patterns of the jackets look very elegantly done. Prices are around the aero standard, but these designs are more vintage 'inspired' than faithful replicas. I have to say that I'm impressed with the approach.

There's even a French cyclist/Luftwaffe jacket in there. :eek:

http://www.pegasusjackets.com/

Actually they do offer bigger and smaller sizes than the standard ones, one simply needs to contact them.

They might, most of the others won't. I contacted LW, RMNZ, G&B, GW and gave up. Aero was my first choice any how, and thankfully they have a huge selection of goods!

Philalethes

A-List Customer
I am pretty sure that one of the proprietors of Pegasus is a member here. I believe that it is a newer company that was displaying some of its designs on this forum some months ago. A very cursory search, however, turned up nothing.

Funny you should mention that.
I just came across a forum member named "Pegasus Leather" while looking at something else, so I would assume they have been here.

I notice that like Eastman Leather, they will do some minor alterations to the fit of their jackets for things like sleeve length/body length, but those items are then non-returnable. :(

Last edited:
Looks like they have been around forever. Or have they acquired a classic label from the past. Some nice old HH jackets on eBay.
Great logo. Like the old Mobil Oil.

Metatron

One Too Many
Yep, details like the logo and the website are often overlooked, but they make a big difference in the overall presentation.
Prices aren't bad either, imagine how much Ralph Lauren would charge for designs like this...!

Yep, details like the logo and the website are often overlooked, but they make a big difference in the overall presentation.
Prices aren't bad either, imagine how much Ralph Lauren would charge for designs like this...!

Funny you say that. I've seen modern "designer" A2's listed for $2000. LMAO. Cheesy designer froo froo knockoffs for $2000! You could get...well, you know.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Funny you say that. I've seen modern "designer" A2's listed for $2000. LMAO. Cheesy designer froo froo knockoffs for $2000! You could get...well, you know.

The people who pay $2k for one of those don't want the real thing. Designer items have nothing to do with quality - a factor many people don't care at all about. They'd be unhappy with a genuine A2....

Not sure about Pegasus. I don't really like any of their designs. The cafe racer collar is ugly IMO.

The people who pay $2k for one of those don't want the real thing. Designer items have nothing to do with quality - a factor many people don't care at all about. They'd be unhappy with a genuine A2....

Not sure about Pegasus. I don't really like any of their designs. The cafe racer collar is ugly IMO.

Of course. I just hate them calling those messes an "A2" is all.
Bunch of....

mimesis2nemesis

One of the Regulars

Actually, we DO know... Ralph Lauren made an A-2, I even have pics of the thing (Not mine, mind you...) and it was $1400. The Leather looked and felt like a thinner version of Eastman's Time worn Steerhide. I'm not even sure what the leather was, but it looked a bit on the thin side. Not bad actually, but for half the price you could get something WAY better. I can post the pics if you'd like to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany