Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hercules Leather Co - England

Hello all,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I'm Tony from Hercules Leather Co - England. We are a new company producing vintage inspired Leather Jackets.

Vintage leather jackets have long been my passion and this project has been something i wanted to try for a long time and finally we are now pretty close to getting it off the ground.

Like the original Hercules jackets of the 1930's (which would have cost approx $140 in today's money) we want to try and offer a great quality and great value alternative to what is currently available by other manufacturers. The jackets offered by other makers are great and i'm a huge fan of all of them but even the cheapest ones available wouldn't really be regarded as affordable to the average person. We want to offer a truly affordable, quality jacket that looks great. Pricing hasn't been finalised yet but we hope to be able to offer jackets at around the £250 price range.

All our jackets are our own designs, made from patterns of original vintage jackets we own.

Our jackets are produced and made in Thailand, but will be sold and distributed from the UK.

Please don't let the Thailand association put you off. What i have noticed from my time spent in Thailand over the last few years is the massive influence from Japan, not just in fashion but across the board. Thailand is no longer just a place for cheap knock offs and consumers there are much more quality conscious than you would think. This means much better quality raw materials and yet still relatively low costs. which is great for businesses like ours.

We use 1.2 mm Top Grain Cowhide from a Thai Tannery.
We have a talented machinist producing the jackets.
We use quality hardware and materials such as Talon zips and 100% wool linings.

I have been closely involved in making sure the hide quality and machining is as good as we can get it for the price.

Managing peoples expectations however will be important, there is only so far you can go in this price range and still retain a profit as I'm sure you can understand. If you purchase one of our jackets expecting the same quality as one of the established high-end producers you will likely be disappointed. But i can also honestly say that compared to most we are 1/3rd the price and against some of the very high end Japanese brands we are almost 1/10th the price. We do offer fantastic quality, value for money. I am confident that if you buy one of our jackets with realistic expectations then we will certainly exceed them, You the customers will obviously be the ultimate judges on this :)

We will offer for a full no quibble refund policy for all jackets purchased. if you are not completely satisfied you can return your jacket.

For a limited period we are also happy to offer a 10% discount to fedora lounge members. If you are interested in the offer please drop me a private message and i will create a code that you can use once the website is up and running.

We absolutely want to create a fantastic customer experience and will be more than happy to work with you on bespoke sizing and will do everything we can to ensure you get a jacket you love.

Please do give us your feedback, good or bad. It is very important to us as we want to do this well. and can only improve if we know what you the customer wants. Please try to go easy on us though, we are new to this game and basically learning as we go along.

We are in the process of building a website and putting together the fine details on the jackets. Will post updates here on this thread once jackets are available for sale, we should be all up and running in approx 4-6 weeks.

If anyone is interested in any of the jackets or has any questions i can respond on this thread or by pm. Or if anyone wants to contact me direct my email is herculesleatherco@gmail.com or alternatively you can contact me by whatsapp app (please add me by using contact number +447480571228)

Now to the all important jackets. We have approx 20-30 jackets that we hope to roll out over the coming months. The photos below show our first collection which will be available soon. All the jackets will be available in the 3 colours shown, Russet Brown, Dark Brown and Black and in sizes 34 up.

Thanks for reading

Hercules Leather Co

IMG_4443.JPG

1930s Cross Zip Half Belt

IMG_4462.JPG

IMG_4466.JPG

IMG_4465.JPG

1930s Half Belt Work Jacket

IMG_4469.JPG

IMG_4471.JPG

IMG_4472.JPG

Classic 1950s Sports Jacket (This one turned out a bit long on the body so will be a bit shorter once it goes on sale)

IMG_4477.JPG

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Tony,

I'm very interested to see how this will turn out, will definitely check out the website as soon as it goes online. Please keep us updated. The leather you picked looks great in the close ups, nice real grain, no imprinted "couch" -leather. I dig it. The russet looks very much like my Shinki A-2, very nice!

Will you be be able to give measurements for the sizes? Most people around here go by numbers rather than size labels.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I'd suggest, for a really interesting Fedora Lounge membership deal, rather than a discount, offer a premium option, for added customization and sizing to measure. You're already ahead on price. I bet more of us would be more interested in spending +10% for a premium feature than saving 10% for your standard offerings.

I'd suggest, for a really interesting Fedora Lounge membership deal, rather than a discount, offer a premium option, for added customization and sizing to measure. You're already ahead on price. I bet more of us would be more interested in spending +10% for a premium feature than saving 10% for your standard offerings.

Hey Guppy,

We can also offer bespoke sizing or jacket customization at no extra cost in most cases.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
They look great. Well done with the patterns. I especially like the half-belt work jacket. Any chance you can get a lighter hide for Australian conditions? I'm thinking 1mm or 2.2oz.

They look great. Well done with the patterns. I especially like the half-belt work jacket. Any chance you can get a lighter hide for Australian conditions? I'm thinking 1mm or 2.2oz.

Thanks very much Seb,
I actually already have it on my to do list to discuss with the supplier if he can offer the same hides in varying thickness. it's certainly not overly thick though and we could always use a lighter lining to help. Anyway leave that with me and i will post updates on it once i have them.

all the best

Tony

Any forward movement here? I’d like to get in on a Buco pj-27! Please!

Hey there,

Were moving forward for sure but still not quite ready with the website and we are still finalising production/sizing etc on the jackets. It will likely be another few weeks yet I'm afraid.
I will contact you direct and also post updates here when i have more definite answer.
Apologies for the delay

Tony

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Hey there,

Were moving forward for sure but still not quite ready with the website and we are still finalising production/sizing etc on the jackets. It will likely be another few weeks yet I'm afraid.
I will contact you direct and also post updates here when i have more definite answer.
Apologies for the delay

Tony

Take whatever time necessary to ensure a product you are happy with. First impressions matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff