Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pegasus Luftwaffe Pics and Review

:eusa_clap Wunderbar! My reference was to the first variety, but you are certainly right The KR200 would also qualify. I don't know which one has the draftier cockpit though :eek:

Which Messerschmitt:D ?

bf109_zps2b4b559e.jpg

Or

messerschmitt-1_zps5323124b.jpg

The Bubble car is great for chasing bellow

Triumphspitfire_mk_iii_zps0b91640a.jpg
;)

Great jackets by the way.
Johnny Tee

mihai

A-List Customer
Cyber Lip, wanz great jackets!

Personally I'm more into the trimmer fit that wanz chose. I think it makes the jacket look more authentic. About the cut I think the lower part of the jacket could have been a bit trimmer. Both colors / leathers / lining choices are interesting, hard to make up my mind.

How long did it take for the jackets to be delivered? Did you pay extra for the modifications?

I'm looking for a Luftwaffe jacket as close to the original as possible, to wear day by day. I checked out a few like Eastman, Noble House. So far I do not have a clear idea / am very convinced on the best option out there. I even consider to get a reproduction after the Luftwaffe vintage jacket that I own. I contacted Aero but they were not interested, I saw on their web-store mentioning about a Luftwaffe jacket but no actual product presented yet. Perhaps they have something on the pipe.
I am a bit amazed on how many US military jackets are reproduced to the finest details while the Luftwaffe ones (scarcer) do not get much interest.

wanz

One of the Regulars
Thanks... my jacket arrived in about 6 weeks. I did not have to pay for the extra length in the sleeves. I did ask about adding an inch to the jacket length out of habit. That would have incurred the extra charge. After taking a few measurements I decided to go with standard length.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Me-109's gimme da hives. I fly 4 to 5 nights a week ONLINE mostly against those jaspers!!!! The game is called "IL2 Sturmovik - 1946" Willie made a helluva plane... they were producing variants right up to the end of the war. Not as "pretty as a Mustang or a Spit but ohhhh just as deadly.

Worf - Flying nightly as "99th_Worf" - 99th Pursuit Squadron - Tuskegee Airmen V.F.G.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
There was an upcharge for the added body length for me. I had to do it as I have a long torso, plus I wear low-rise jeans. Wait time was around 6 to 8 weeks.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Back in the early 90s I think, either Car & Driver or Road & Track did a comparison of the Mustang Vs Messerschmitt, for their April edition. Of course the Mustang was a P-51D and the Messerschmitt was a bubble car! They wrote it as if the writer was sent by his Coronal to size up the new Messerschmitt, very funny. The P-51 could not do the slalom because it kept blowing down the pylons. 0 to 60, the Messerschmitt couldn't even go that fast. They could not attach a 5th wheel to the P-51, so they got the fastest production Corvette made at that time and attached it to that, then ran them side by side. The money was on the Corvette, which every one thought would be loafing along up to 60mph. At 40mph, the P-51s tail came up and it flat out left the Corvette. By mid runway, the P-51 had reversed course and did a knife edge pass over the Corvette!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21