Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pencil Mustache

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
=Clipper= said:
here's one I found from this past christmas..

xmasmustacheiw4.jpg

Sorry the picture's so small. But you can see the general shape I was going for..I wish it would fill in more. I get so impatient sometimes and end up shaving it. I should hold out 'till it fill up and lays nicely. Any suggestions gents (and ladies)? Yay or nay?

Yay...I have always been a fan of the pencil mustache..It looks really good on you.

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
rikrdo said:
Dig that look, man. Very clean.

We'll have to have an I.E. get together sometime (see my locale, neighbor ;))

rikrdo, thanks for the compliment. Wow! Yucaipa?! No way! That's great! I thought I was alone all the way out here, in the boonies. Yes, a get-together of local loungers should be done.

JP147

New in Town
Errol Flynn because he used to hula dance naked in front of the window for the girls at the factory gates opposite. He wouldn't have dared without his pencil moustache.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
A List

Some of which have already been noted: Erroll Flynn, David Niven, Tyrone Power, Valentino, Brian Donleavy, Warren William, Lon Chaney, Jr. (in the Inner Sanctum series), Bud Abbott, Edward D. Wood, and my father (from the early '40s until about the mid '60s).

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
=Clipper= said:
here's one I found from this past christmas..

xmasmustacheiw4.jpg

Sorry the picture's so small. But you can see the general shape I was going for..I wish it would fill in more. I get so impatient sometimes and end up shaving it. I should hold out 'till it fill up and lays nicely. Any suggestions gents (and ladies)? Yay or nay?

Very nice. Quite simple really. Use mascara with a litte eye brow type brush. Gently, that is.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Don't foget the Latinos. Some fantastic moustaches ther.

One of my favorites. Tin tan, Comic actor and singer.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...es?q=tin+tan&start=21&ndsp=21&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

And check out the jacket too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6esyVuqmFVk&feature=related

And of course, Cuban American Cesar Romero

http://mmgcollectibles.com/images/me/0000003-000-P0001468.Jpg

As well as many famous singers adn actors. While the moustache was and still is popular in Mexico and latin america, coupled with the fact that many Latinos are of indiginous blood ,so they do not grow full thick moustaches, so you can imagine how popular the pencil moustache was and is. In fact, amongst Latinos, it is not unusual to see a young guy sporting a sharp thin moustache mainly because that is just what he can grow.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
!Viva el bigote fino!

reetpleat said:
While the mustache was and still is popular in Mexico and latin america, coupled with the fact that many Latinos are of indiginous blood ,so they do not grow full thick moustaches, so you can imagine how popular the pencil mustache was and is. In fact, amongst Latinos, it is not unusual to see a young guy sporting a sharp thin mustache mainly because that is just what he can grow.

That's true, about how some Latinos sport thin mustaches due to the Indian blood (i.e., many Mexicans and Central Americans). Interesting, though, that we still refer to those with Indian blood as "Latinos." To me, the French were wrong in first using that term in Mejico, as an attempt to create a bond between themselves and the Mexicans, whose government they were about to take over. That's like calling me "Anglo," just because I'm from the U.S. and English is my native language, but I'm of southern European ancestry. But then, I know that comment is...:eek:fftopic:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
(pics) Of my Flynn Phase :-/

My skinny phase a few years back :D For which I took a fair amount of ribbing off friends and family lol Thankfully we Irish have fairly 'thick' skins ;)

ErrolFlynn008.jpg

ErrolFlynn009.jpg

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
PADDY said:
My skinny phase a few years back :D For which I took a fair amount of ribbing off friends and family lol Thankfully we Irish have fairly 'thick' skins ;)

ErrolFlynn008.jpg

ErrolFlynn009.jpg

That's a fine-lookin skinny stache that I'm sure looks good with or with out the suit and hat!!.... I've always wanted to try one and have a full goatee right now.... Any advice on trimming it, maintaining it, getting it looking that way?? How long did you keep it???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran