Pencil Mustache

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by clevispin, Feb 24, 2006.

1. JonnyO

JonnyO A-List Customer

Just stumbled across this picture from November of last year, not the greatest picture, but rest assured I will be growing this out again.
    [​IMG]

2. herringbonekid

herringbonekid I'll Lock Up

i tried a tache once after shaving off a feeble almost-beard to see how it might look. it gave me the possibility of looking deeply serious, sleazy, caddish, devilish or comical (or a combination of any of those) depending on which expression i pulled. i hadn't expected a strip of hair to be capable of carrying so many connotations.
    i decided against it.

3. Chasseur

Chasseur Call Me a Cab

Its funny you say that. I had a similar problem. Some years ago I grew a pencil style mustache. I found that how the 'tache looked really depended upon what I was wearing at the time. If I was wearing a suit, or sportcoat, or something vintage inspired, perhaps I was closer to:
    [​IMG]

However, in more casual clothes, especially what we tend to wear in Hawaii, I came off more as a failed cabana gigolo...
    [​IMG]

I guess this is similar to having long sideburns those leonean side whiskers might seem Byronic in a cravat and waistcoat, but put them in a modern context and most people see 1970s style pretty fast...

[​IMG]
    (no worries I know this is Pushkyn and not Byron ;) )

vs.

[​IMG]

4. chanteuseCarey

chanteuseCarey Call Me a Cab

A very recent picture (4/18/2013) of my sweetheart Tom sporting his version of a pencil moustache. If it looks a wee bit sparse on the right side you are right, he slipped with the razor last week and its filling back in.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

5. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Tried it for a while & looked like a complete cad and a rotter. It did draw comments (some positive) & looked ok with an Irvin get up. Have gone back to 3 day stubble as it means more time in bed in the mornings.

6. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

None-more-pencil.
    [​IMG]

7. FedoraFan112390

FedoraFan112390 Practically Family

Could I pull off a pencil thin? Opinions wanted.
    [​IMG]

8. mattfink

mattfink Practically Family

[​IMG]

9. Slim Portly

Slim Portly One Too Many

I think I may finally have this thing just how I want it!

[​IMG]

10. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi Slim

It looks great, and fits you pretty well. It also looks like a big time consumer.

Later

11. dh66

dh66

Looks great Slim. I have to admit, of all the styles of facial hair I've ever sported, the pencil thin was the biggest pain-in-the-@$$ I've ever worn. I loved the way it looked but had to trim it twice a day. I guess I'm just too lazy for that kind of commitment

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2