Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pencil Mustache

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Just stumbled across this picture from November of last year, not the greatest picture, but rest assured I will be growing this out again.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i tried a tache once after shaving off a feeble almost-beard to see how it might look. it gave me the possibility of looking deeply serious, sleazy, caddish, devilish or comical (or a combination of any of those) depending on which expression i pulled. i hadn't expected a strip of hair to be capable of carrying so many connotations.
i decided against it.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
i tried a tache once after shaving off a feeble almost-beard to see how it might look. it gave me the possibility of looking deeply serious, sleazy, caddish, devilish or comical (or a combination of any of those) depending on which expression i pulled. i hadn't expected a strip of hair to be capable of carrying so many connotations.
i decided against it.

Its funny you say that. I had a similar problem. Some years ago I grew a pencil style mustache. I found that how the 'tache looked really depended upon what I was wearing at the time. If I was wearing a suit, or sportcoat, or something vintage inspired, perhaps I was closer to:
images

However, in more casual clothes, especially what we tend to wear in Hawaii, I came off more as a failed cabana gigolo...
Matt-Dillon-Theres-Something-About-Mary-a-skinny-6335430.jpg

I guess this is similar to having long sideburns those leonean side whiskers might seem Byronic in a cravat and waistcoat, but put them in a modern context and most people see 1970s style pretty fast...

images

(no worries I know this is Pushkyn and not Byron ;) )

vs.

danny+mastersonpoker.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
A very recent picture (4/18/2013) of my sweetheart Tom sporting his version of a pencil moustache. If it looks a wee bit sparse on the right side you are right, he slipped with the razor last week and its filling back in.

[/QUOTE]

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tried it for a while & looked like a complete cad and a rotter. It did draw comments (some positive) & looked ok with an Irvin get up. Have gone back to 3 day stubble as it means more time in bed in the mornings.

Looks great Slim. I have to admit, of all the styles of facial hair I've ever sported, the pencil thin was the biggest pain-in-the-@$$ I've ever worn. I loved the way it looked but had to trim it twice a day. I guess I'm just too lazy for that kind of commitment

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot