Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pencil Mustache

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
I'll want to be Maggie Du Bois, though I don't speak Russian, French or Arabic! Natalie Wood's costumes were terrific in the film.

We don't go trick or treating, just go to our favourite social ballroom dancing place.

I was looking around on a website about film The Great Race, and I reaaally like The Leslie Special- "That's quite a car..."

You're quite welcome. Now all he will need is a Hannibal 8 to Drive around in from house to house. :D
I always wanted to dress up like Professor Fate even as a kid. Great character.

Cheers!

Dan

Brings back such fond childhood memories. For me, The Great Race was one of those films that was such a special event whenever they aired it on TV. Hard to believe they're all gone: Natalie Wood, Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, and most recently Peter Falk.

Last edited:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
The Great Race has a particular memory for me as well. Its the very first movie I can vividly remember as going to a 'walk-in' movie theater- my Father took my little sister and I for a movie 'date to see this film, and she and I wore dresses. I remember the pie fight. As this film came out in 1965, I'd have been around 7yo and my sister would have been around 4yo!

All these years later, the California Pops Orchestra that I and my kids volunteer for had a concert maybe two years back where they played the original music score for the pie fight sequence, with the film on silent mode running on a large overhead screen above the 65 piece orchestra.

Brings back such fond childhood memories. For me, The Great Race was one of those films that was such a special event whenever they aired it on TV. Hard to believe they're all gone: Natalie Wood, Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, and most recently Peter Falk.

Last edited:
Also from the movie. There was a TV kids show back in the '70s called Wonderama that also used this music.

[video=youtube;DycrrINiROM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DycrrINiROM[/video]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the link V.C.- the California Pops Orchestra has a wonderful and many year association with the Mancini estate, and has had the opportunity to get play many great pieces from the Mancini catalogue.
Also from the movie. There was a TV kids show back in the '70s called Wonderama that also used this music.

[video=youtube;DycrrINiROM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DycrrINiROM[/video]

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Couldn't see this answered so though I'd reply.

That's Kevin Pietersen, a South African born English Cricketer...

146718-kevin-pietersen.jpg

You are absolutely right! thank you billyspew

079548-kevin-pietersen.jpg

aloha there! hi hi hi :whistling :D

article-1288974900939-0BEE08A9000005DC-133023_636x425.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
^^^
nice photo of Sean Penn!!!

Two more

de Niro in "King of Comedy" .... I think he looks absolutely amazing , perfect 20s or 30s even 40s style in my opinion! :eusa_clap
2881621_640px.jpg

Eric Roberts in "Star 80"
Eric-Roberts-new.png

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Domenico Modugno ( 1928 – 1994) Italian singer, songwriter, actor, and later in life, a member of the Italian Parliament.

domenico_modugno.gif

3162825_640px.jpg

and if you want to know how he sounded... here ... love this tune! :D

[video=youtube;_tT9zWIbemc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tT9zWIbemc[/video]

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
^^^
nice photo of Sean Penn!!!

Two more

de Niro in "King of Comedy" .... I think he looks absolutely amazing , perfect 20s or 30s even 40s style in my opinion! :eusa_clap
2881621_640px.jpg

Eric Roberts in "Star 80"
Eric-Roberts-new.png

That's DeNiro in the Godfather Part II, in the 1920-1925 segment of the film. Not King of Comedy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko