Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pennys Marathon - Gray

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
**SOLD**

I have for sale a Penny's Marathon.
It is a great hat in great shape. No holes or spots, liner very good, too, with only some light coloring on the plastic crown shield.

pennys_marathon_01.jpg

pennys_marathon_02.jpg

pennys_marathon_03.jpg

pennys_marathon_04.jpg

If you can't tell well enough, the color is a gray verging on brown. It has a nice brown ribbon. Here are the stats...

Maker: Penny's
Model: Marathon
Color: Gray/Brown
Ribbon: Brown, 1-3/4
Crown: Diamond Bash
Size: 7 (But I am a size 7 and this one is wobbly big on me which is why I'm selling it. It would likely fit a 7-1/8 easy.)
Brim Size: 2-1/2, Wide Brown Brim Binding
Date of Manufacture: 1950s??

Now, I am not knowledgeable on pricing. So, I am going to ask for $50.
I guess it would be more like $60, though, with shipping. (hopefully someone will tell me if I am asking too much)

I'll give this a few days here and then it'll be up on the bay.

Last edited:

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I am looking for a Whippet, Joshbru3.

Like I said, I love the Marathon, except that it is just a bit loosy-goosey on me. If you are a solid 7 it might be too loose on you, too.

It is strange. It clearly has a size 7 tag but it floats on my head like crazy. It is def. the original sweatband, so I am pretty sure it hasn't been stretched. I'd say it is more like a 7-1/8 if not even awfully close to a 7-1/4.

It is in beautiful shape, tho. Soft as heck, too. It kills me that it doesn't fit me well enough and I am not a fan of stuffing sweatbands to make hats fit better. I don't like how it rumples the sweatband.

Greyfox

One of the Regulars
I'd buy this hat in a heartbeat at that price if it wasn't so big. I am a firm size 7 and worry that I would have the same problem as you. Even at 7 1/8 I would go for it but if you think it would fit 7 1/4 then that would be way too big.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Grayfox, yeah, if you are a firm 7 then it will def. wiggle on ya like it does me.

Anyway, folks, hat on hold waiting payment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters