Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Per the Request of Matt Deckard

Feraud

Bartender
I want one of the leather caps!
hat401.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Sears spring summer '43

hat432.jpg

Thanks all,

LD

Buckle up and grab your oxygen masks - that Southwest plane is heading straight into the brim.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Fletch said:
Me too. WITH the flaps please. I wanna send so many mixed messages people will think I'm a surrealist. lol

I'm just barely old enough to remember when some chain department stores still had a dedicated hat section. It may not have been much but I do remember the hats. I remember because I would follow my grandfather around and eventually we'd be trying on hats :).

I'd wear any of the hats in any of the above posted ads :rolleyes:... seriously, I would.

I'm right with you, Fletch. Strut your stuff :cool2: .

Woodfluter

Practically Family
CRH said:
I'm just barely old enough to remember when some chain department stores still had a dedicated hat section.:).

Yeah, me too CRH. Scary, innit?

Lady Day, you are a gem. These are fascinating. Thank you so much.

Parallel universe indeed. Kids in '35 running around in sheepskin aviator helmets with goggles...horsehide newsboys...that's pretty surreal. Cool to see ads during the brief heyday of the tall crown and narrow brim like Cagney wore in the '30s - the hot new thing with the college crowd. And the civil defence babe on the 1942-43 cover is still hot!

- Bill

theinterchange

One Too Many
It's sickening!

I almost wish I hadn't looked at this thread, those prices are too good to pass up! Imagine how many of these you could order for the price of one hat in today's world?! :eek:

Randy

theinterchange

One Too Many
Widebrim said:
What, you've seen her lately?lol But the huge marble eagle behind her looks like it came straight out of Fascist Italy...[huh]

I know a girl who sort of reminds me of her, actually. Though, she's more into the 60's/70's look than 30's.

Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart