Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Perfumes....

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Soo manny answers :) Thank you, I were rigth about all of you would have alot of knowledge!

Is it this one?
o.2762.jpg

Who makes the Angel? What is it like?

That's it!

Isis

One of the Regulars
Try the Perfumed Court - they have many rare and discontinued fragrance samples - I got to try the original Givenchy L'Interdit which has apparently changed so much they don't bear much relation to each other anymore.

The BIG problem with The Perfumed Court is that I get to try perfumes that isn't made anymore, or changed... :D Like Tabac Blond, which I do like a lot in the new version, but absolutely adore in the older one.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Mitsouko is still available. I have found it at the Guerlain counter many times. It is a beautiful fragrance, even though I believe like many of the Guerlain perfumes, it has sadly changed over time due to regulations about oakmoss use and such.

We recently got a bottle for my mother in law's birthday and she loved it--she was very glad to get it but she did say that it had changed a bit. She had had a round bottle with a conical top and the bottle we got her, though eau de toilette, was in a bottle like the pure perfume comes in. Smells great, by the way--in both versions!

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
I'm sorry for the manny posts, I dont know how to reply to you all at the same time...

Have anny of you tried this one?
nd.138.jpg

I'n an old swedish magazine (I always rip pages that I want to save for the future) it is described like an oriental nigth.
Top notes are mandarin orange, yuzu, white peach and cardamom; middle notes are magnolia, cinnamon, jasmine and heliotrope; base notes are amber, musk, benzoin and vanilla.

This is a wonderful scent. I just ran out of it this spring. Very warm and inviting.

Belladonna_dea

Familiar Face
There is an excellent website called the perfumedcourt. They have tons of fragrances from recipes that even Napolean wore. But they also have more attainable fragrances (as the Napolean concoction goes for something like $2,000 an ounce). You can shop by the "notes" in the fragrance. So if you like fresh clean scents it's more of a grassy note etc... You can read reviews on the perfumes and see how others explain the smell and even if the perfume costs $100 a bottle they will give you a sample for only $3 (give or take) I love this website because I am obsessed with perfumes and scents! Give it a try you may find something you never have even heard of, and mos definitely noone else will be wearing it!

AuroraFisherman

New in Town
I must say that I'm really greatfull to all your answers and tips :)

Is the perfumecourt similar to Fragrantica? They also have revues and descriptions of diffrent perfumes... I found them while serching for vintage perfumes on google.

Isis

One of the Regulars

Is the perfumecourt similar to Fragrantica? They also have revues and descriptions of diffrent perfumes... I found them while serching for vintage perfumes on google.

They also sell samples. If they don't sell a certain perfume you won't find it when you search. Fragrantica lists where you can buy a perfume, but they don't sell it themself.

Belladonna_dea

Familiar Face

Yes very similar and I like both in different ways. The perfumed court carries out of this world nice perfumes that I've not yet found anywhere else, stuff you can't even find at Neiman's sometimes. It's definitely for people that are serious into perfume or want something very unique. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24