Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peru straw hat. Size is 59 cm or 7 3/8 US

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Agua 2.jpg

Some friends have visited Peru and in the past, I had some contacts with a cooperative of braided women who had a small online market. I knew that in Catacaos, almost on the border with Ecuador, very similar hats as Montecristi, were produced (euphemism not to dislike the purists) the panama branded Montecriti, now become rare and overpaid, so by chance they would visit the area and have them sent to the store.
Agua 1.jpg

They brought home three unfinished hats of average quality, mine was the most impressive
Particolare cupola 1.jpg
Particolare cupola 2.jpg
Particolare ala 1.jpg

The straw woven is fine and well made, except for a small mistake on the brim, so I thought I could complete it in Europe. It was send to Penumbra Hat in Netherlands
Agua 3.jpg

The straw is a little bit soft and the brim needs some finishing not to be without shape
Agua 4.jpg

It was a little bit stiffened with a new shape. This the proportions: brim are 9 cm. and crown is 12 cm. with the purple ribbon at 5 cm.
The exact measures of the interior are 20x17 cm. so a 7 14/16 x 6 12/16 inches
Interno totale.jpg
Fleur of Penumbra Hat did a fantastic work with excellent choices and craftmanship
Agua 5.jpg

The price for this beauty is €190 or $200
Ask for shipping cost and for details or others pictures

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points