Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peters Brothers

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
eI received my hemp strat last summer. I gave them the size and shape based upon the custom Milan I got from Art Fawcett the year before. It arrived just a tad larger, but has since shrunk down perfectly. It's a very good operation, and they keep you informed all the way through. I'll be ordering another in the light brown in the next week or so.

RJR

I have a couple of PB milans,I ordered by centimeter,no problem.
Hat-Peters Bros-INDY Milan2.jpg

Brown INDY and a natural.
Hat-Peters Bros-Milan1.jpg

Might also ask for the fedora lounge special price they were offering last year ...$100 + shipping...can't hurt to ask.

Tried to play that card when I was there in January. No dice.

eI received my hemp strat last summer. I gave them the size and shape based upon the custom Milan I got from Art Fawcett the year before. It arrived just a tad larger, but has since shrunk down perfectly. It's a very good operation, and they keep you informed all the way through. I'll be ordering another in the light brown in the next week or so.

Y'know, I didn't hear a peep from them from the time I ordered it to the day I got a text from FedEx telling me it would be at my house the next day. I called them a couple of days ago to express my pleasure in what I got, and whoever answered was pretty monosyllabic. Perhaps I interrupted them doing something else.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I really do have to get in and chat with these guys. I walk by several times a week, always at times they are closed.

The one time I was able to visit with anyone there, I promised to order a Milan but not done it yet.

Yours looks great, Jim.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
just got off the phone with Peter Bros

some damn nice fellas over there ... extremely understanding , patient , and meticulous ... could not have been easier

so I basically ordered Jims exact hat just in natural ... green trim also ... nice tall crown with a diamond and front pinches ... just asked for a slight rake to the back

it's funny because he says to me ... "ok so you basically want the Tankersley in natural"

we both got a chuckle out of that

I told him I saw pics of Jims and immediately called ... then he asked ... "so does he like it ?"

maybe give him a call jim :)

he said I'll have it in hand in under a month

boy am I glad I made that call

thank you Jim ... for putting in all the hard work so I could just call and basically get the same exact thin in a different color :)

If you don't mind, can you share the current price?

First, know that the brim binding always did add $25 to the hat. I think one of the FL Members got his bound at no cost if you look back through the thread, but Brad quickly chimed in and said it was going to be extra. Mine was $170 delivered to my house.

just got off the phone with Peter Bros

some damn nice fellas over there ... extremely understanding , patient , and meticulous ... could not have been easier

so I basically ordered Jims exact hat just in natural ... green trim also ... nice tall crown with a diamond and front pinches ... just asked for a slight rake to the back

it's funny because he says to me ... "ok so you basically want the Tankersley in natural"

we both got a chuckle out of that

I told him I saw pics of Jims and immediately called ... then he asked ... "so does he like it ?"

maybe give him a call jim :)

he said I'll have it in hand in under a month

boy am I glad I made that call

thank you Jim ... for putting in all the hard work so I could just call and basically get the same exact thin in a different color :)

That's hilarious! Now we have the Bob Roberts model and the Tankersley model.

And yeah, I called I think Monday, and pretty much just got a "uh, huh. Yeah, glad you like it" from whoever answered the phone.

Can't wait to see yours. I think you may have found your straw hat. That is, if your wife doesn't swipe this one.

Oh, and Fort Worth is never hard work. My second favorite destination from home, the first being New Orleans. And Dave lives there, and he's the tops.

I really do have to get in and chat with these guys. I walk by several times a week, always at times they are closed.

The one time I was able to visit with anyone there, I promised to order a Milan but not done it yet.

Yours looks great, Jim.

Buddy, you have no excuse! That's like telling me you haven't had chicken fried steak since you moved there. :)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
That's hilarious! Now we have the Bob Roberts model and the Tankersley model.

And yeah, I called I think Monday, and pretty much just got a "uh, huh. Yeah, glad you like it" from whoever answered the phone.

Can't wait to see yours. I think you may have found your straw hat. That is, if your wife doesn't swipe this one.

Oh, and Fort Worth is never hard work. My second favorite destination from home, the first being New Orleans. And Dave lives there, and he's the tops.

he literally said that for short hand reasons that is what the hat is known as around the shop

so any tall stratoliner type milan with a hand creased diamond is a Tankersley to them

so congrats on your signature hat ... and can I have your autograph ?

RJR

That brown is an excellent looking hat. The model is an Indy? And rough estimate of cost?
Yes,its an INDY model.I believe that the regular price is $150 + shipping but they have done specials in the past combining a felt and a milan.Brad Peters extended a $100 special for Loungers last year.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
in all seriousness ... thank you for the inspiration

can't wait to get this hat ... it will be THE summer hat ... so between June and Sep. I may not be posting many pics in the "... wearing today" thread :)

but it will eternally be known as the Tankersley as far as I'm concerned

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'm going to call once I get to the studio later ...I'll figure it out

I need one of those fantastic hats ... I may become a straw guy after all
I spoke with Shane and told him I'm a 7 1/4 but I wanted the straw to fit a bit roomy. It was a perfect fit. We also had extensive conversation re crown blocks, type and depth and placement of pinches as well as brim flanges. All over the phone. Hes great to work with.

Last edited:
I spoke with Shane and told him I'm a 7 1/4 but I wanted the straw to fit a bit roomy. It was a oerfect fit. We also had extensive conversation re crown blocks, type and depth and placement of pinches as well as brim flanges. All over the phone. Hes great to work with.

Yeah, we spent some time talking blocks and heights, and the difference between an OR and a Strat, which they use the same blocks for. That, and I got to pick my ribbon from their stock.

It was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, we spent some time talking blocks and heights, and the difference between an OR and a Strat, which they use the same blocks for. That, and I got to pick my ribbon from their stock.

It was fun.

Great first time (working with them) experience for me too. Same here they gave me a nice choice cuz I wanted a pug instead of traditional ribbon.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

It was fun.

he told me about you guys digging through drawers and coming across that old spool of forrest green that he had no idea was even there.

he is going to let me know if he has enough of the green to finish my hat and if not I said to go with brown

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner