Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peters Brothers

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just received an email from Brad with pics of my hat, which may be shipped today. Can't beat that for a custom straw. Finalized, it'll be a black Strat-style Milan hemp with a 2 3/4" brim, C-crown and with a burgundy 3/8" ribbon. Because of my large Martian dome (7 7/8), they stitched together two pieces for the sweatband. Brad said they'd be getting the larger sweatbands in soon, but the way they did it looks fine. Can't wait.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
I just received an email from Brad with pics of my hat, which may be shipped today. Can't beat that for a custom straw. Finalized, it'll be a black Strat-style Milan hemp with a 2 3/4" brim, C-crown and with a burgundy 3/8" ribbon. Because of my large Martian dome (7 7/8), they stitched together two pieces for the sweatband. Brad said they'd be getting the larger sweatbands in soon, but the way they did it looks fine. Can't wait.

Both yours and Nyah's sound like killer hats. having mine done with a binding to match the hat with a contrasting pug. I left it to Shane to pick what he thinks best to compliment the hat color (natural) and binding. Tall crown, 2 1/2" brim, simple center crease.

89quattro

One of the Regulars
Because of my large Martian dome (7 7/8), they stitched together two pieces for the sweatband. Brad said they'd be getting the larger sweatbands in soon, but the way they did it looks fine. Can't wait.

Mine arrived yesterday, has the same sweatband workaround. No issues, as it is perfectly finished.

perters_band.jpg

Speaking of tall, square crowns, I got what I asked for. For reference, that's 1 1/2 in. ribbon. It's so tall I need to reshape the crown a bit to lower the height...will steam work on this material?

peters side view 1.jpg peters side view 2.jpg

JoeyC

One of the Regulars

Nyah

One of the Regulars
Quatro, if you think the crown looks too tall on yours, you could put a 2" puggeree ribbon on it. The taller ribbon will make the crown appear shorter.

Looking forward to seeing TropicalBob's strato. Black milan with burgundy ribbon sounds straight up interesting, in a good way.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That's great - black with burgundy ribbon is one of my favorite hat colours.

Brad - what are the hours at PB Hats? I have a plan for a milan, but you've been closed the last couple of times I wandered by.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner