Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peters Brothers

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I believe the bound brim like NYAH has is $25 xtra. My shipping was $10. I kno what u mean by supporting local retailers. I'm a local retailer Parrots, not Hats. Lol. Its honorable and loyal of you.

Brad Peters

New in Town
I believe the bound brim like NYAH has is $25 xtra. My shipping was $10. I kno what u mean by supporting local retailers. I'm a local retailer Parrots, not Hats. Lol. Its honorable and loyal of you.

Yes we will add the bound edge for 25. shipping will be 10.
total on one would be 135 with everything.
To answer my thoughts on which one the stetson milans are nice hats especially the new special editions release with contrasting ribbon and bound edge I sell plenty of those as well. The main difference between mine and a stetson is mine is a true hemp milan. Stetson or Dobbs mostly are Florentine milan which the look really nice and have a nice shine to them. My problem with wearing one personally is the they are solid and almost a plastic material i get very very hot in them being in texas.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
I had alluded to purchasing another PB Milan in different color but all this talk about bound edge has me thinking that might be the way to go instead. A natural with brown binding and matching ribbon. We'll see!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
@ Fruno:
I'd go with the custom. That way, you're sure to get what you want, and the fit and quality are going to be better than a modern day, mass produced, "off the shelf" hat. For me, it either has to be a nice vintage or one that's custom made. I haven't seen anything modern, short of custom, that I'm really impressed with, and that includes the modern Stetsons and Akubras. I had an Akubra Squatter that I literally hated. I even nicknamed it, "The Black Beast". I mostly hated the color. The finish and the quality of that hat may have been okay by today's standards, but Akubras don't even come close in quality to vintage hats. I was fortunate enough to find someone on ebay who was willing to trade me two, never worn, like new, Resistol Stagecoaches for my black Akubra demon dog hat. I hated that thing. Another modern hat that was a real let down for me was the Cappas Bogart Panama. The brim was too narrow and the crown was low and tapered. I ended up giving that thing to my grandson. No more modern off the shelf hats for me. I'm saving up to get a PB custom Milan. Bob's and Nyah's PBs are two of the nicest looking straws I've seen. I've had my eye on Peter's Brothers after seeing their custom Indys a couple of years ago. The PB Milan Raider's is also nice.

Yes we will add the bound edge for 25. shipping will be 10.
total on one would be 135 with everything.
To answer my thoughts on which one the stetson milans are nice hats especially the new special editions release with contrasting ribbon and bound edge I sell plenty of those as well. The main difference between mine and a stetson is mine is a true hemp milan. Stetson or Dobbs mostly are Florentine milan which the look really nice and have a nice shine to them. My problem with wearing one personally is the they are solid and almost a plastic material i get very very hot in them being in texas.

I own two of the Florentine Milans and just plain don't wear the Strat anymore. Too plasticky. I like my Andover, but they don't compare to true, vintage Milans. The hemp Strats seem different, lighter, not as plasticky, though. However, since you mentioned the contrasting ribbons, we're likely talking about the same hat.

What's the current wait time?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I own two of the Florentine Milans and just plain don't wear the Strat anymore. Too plasticky. I like my Andover, but they don't compare to true, vintage Milans. The hemp Strats seem different, lighter, not as plasticky, though. However, since you mentioned the contrasting ribbons, we're likely talking about the same hat.

What's the current wait time?

That's precisely the reason I ordered the PB hemp Milan. I've had a Stetson Renaissance Milan for a while now and rarely wear it because of the plastic appearance, the sweat the hat produces, and the fact that it's a wee bit small. When I saw Bob's hemp, I decided it was time for one I'd actually wear. These days it's my Sunbody in the daytime and my VS Milan at night.

tropicalbob

Fruno, I just wanted to add that it's nice to see someone with ethical concerns. You don't see much of that these days.

Fruno, I just wanted to add that it's nice to see someone with ethical concerns. You don't see much of that these days.

Thanks. Gotta support the locals or it will all go away! Plus, they're just good people. I enjoy going in and talking with them. And they have a cute dog named Guinness that oversees all goings-on at the shop.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Pretty soon we're going to be getting into felt weather. Is there a price list that we could see for the different kinds of felts and hat styles? I'd like to have a Strat clone with a taller and full looking open crown of 5 3/4 inches and a brim width of 2 5/8 - 2 3/4. I'd like to have something in a tan or a fawn color.

Last edited:

RJR

Terry,might be worth calling Brad @ PB.If memory serves he's done combo deals where if you buy a fur felt,the Milan is reduced in price.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Tjones i am working on getting bob some felt color samples ill post them here so everyone can see the felt options i have. The style and all that i can do just about anything you could want. Pictures and measurements are always a plus.

Thx Brad. I gotta come up w another new hat idea...

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
My Peters Bros. Milan has arrived, to say I'm delighted would be an understatement, it has met my every expectation. I won't go into details about it as it has already been discussed by others, I will say however that I see another in the near future.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
My Peters Bros. Milan has arrived, to say I'm delighted would be an understatement, it has met my every expectation. I won't go into details about it as it has already been discussed by others, I will say however that I see another in the near future.

Great. Pictures NOW! Plz. :) Thx.

tropicalbob

Congratulations. I wake up every morning and my first thought is about the hat I ordered. I'm really looking forward to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner