Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peters Brothers

Nyah

One of the Regulars
Musta just been the pics then, as your hat did appear to be a bit lighter and I do think there is some varience in the "natural" hat bodys. Any purchaser can request the lightest color natural avaliable.
When I requested the lightest of the three hues they offer, it was in reference to the three posted on their facebook page.

In the pics you've posted of your hat, it sure looks like the same hue as mine. I think this photo conveys the color of my PB hat well:

Attachments

• 2015-07-10 13.30.12.jpg
    2015-07-10 13.30.12.jpg
    923.5 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Yes. Pretty close to mine. Thats my favorite pic of your PB. I'm thinkin it might have been some earlier "in progress" pics that Shane took.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DJH

I'll Lock Up
First visit to Peter's Bros a couple of years back. The business I was working for had just been acquired by a Ft Worth company and we were in town for training.

My friend Kate got herself a Stetson western from PB.

PB-FTw-L.jpg

Oh, to be standing in that spot, buying a hat, then getting a cold one at the Houston St. Pub!

Keep those pics of FTW coming, David (Fruno furiously checks Lockheed website for job openings)

Nyah

One of the Regulars
Well that straightens out the colors. Thanks Nyah and Bob. Yeah, I would definitely go for the natural like you guys did. I wonder how many of the other colors are being ordered.

Andy
I'm considering ordering one of the other colors next. I need to find out what the colors truly look like though, so that I can choose a ribbon color that I like on the final result.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Well that straightens out the colors. Thanks Nyah and Bob. Yeah, I would definitely go for the natural like you guys did. I wonder how many of the other colors are being ordered.

Andy

Missed your post yesterday. Thx and I think it's only offered in Natural, Black and "Peanut Butter."

Nyah

One of the Regulars
The photos on their facebook page look to me like natural, greyish and chocolate brown.

When I hear "peanut butter", I think of something more like 'whiskey' or 'fawn'. If it's more like that, I'm starting to get very interested.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Look at some other pics on their FB page. You'll see that color hat in the background of some pics.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

AndyR

One of the Regulars
Colors are really tough online. There are so many variables from lighting when the pictures were taken, white balance and other camera settings and even the fact that all our computer screens are different. With laptops, even the angle of the screens make a difference.

I've seen pictures of natural Panama hats that looked bleached and bleached that look natural, because of the way the images were processed. It can get frustrating. That's why in photography circles, calibrated monitors are emphasized. It's not something most people would do though.

Andy

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Colors are really tough online. There are so many variables from lighting when the pictures were taken, white balance and other camera settings and even the fact that all our computer screens are different. With laptops, even the angle of the screens make a difference.

I've seen pictures of natural Panama hats that looked bleached and bleached that look natural, because of the way the images were processed. It can get frustrating. That's why in photography circles, calibrated monitors are emphasized. It's not something most people would do though.

Andy

Very true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred