Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peters Brothers

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
The reason I asked was because I saw the Stetson Milan Strat in black and wasn't crazy about the way it looked. It has a kind of plastic look to it. I'm hoping the Peters Bros. Milan hemp will have a better, not so shiny, look.
I'm sure they wouldn't mind sending u a pic of the actual hat in the color you'd like.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

AndyR

One of the Regulars
Well that straightens out the colors. Thanks Nyah and Bob. Yeah, I would definitely go for the natural like you guys did. I wonder how many of the other colors are being ordered.

Andy

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
My hat's the same hue as yours.

I have only seen three hues of hemp milan that Peters Bros offers. The lightest hue is what Bob Roberts and I have. Here they are from P.Bros' facebook page:
I was checking out the last hat on the right. Is that their Milan Indy Raider's?

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just spoke with Shane and we discussed the merits of their hemp Milan. I've been searching for a nice black straw for some time, and I'm glad I waited. This really sounds like a great deal and want to thank you guys for the help.
T Jones, yes, that's the Indy Raiders.

rogerstg

A-List Customer
Thanks for posting that pic Bob. It looks good on you and gives me better perspective than seeing a hat on a shelf.

Roger

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I just spoke with Shane and we discussed the merits of their hemp Milan. I've been searching for a nice black straw for some time, and I'm glad I waited. This really sounds like a great deal and want to thank you guys for the help.
T Jones, yes, that's the Indy Raiders.

Your very wlcm. Did they have the black avaliable?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Ordered my Milan in person back on 07/07. was initially told it would be shipped by the 15th. I said fine, but never really expected that to happen. Spoke to them yesterday, and was promised that it would ship then, and it did, received tracking number last night. Should be delivered on Monday. I have no issues with their service...it's a custom made item, and 4-5 week is very reasonable.

Yes, their website is a bit behind, but their reputation is based more on repeat customers, and their recommendations to friends. I have a feeling that going full bore as an online retailer would only serve to cause harm...they don't appear to be equipped to go that route.

A visit to their store will make you understand the nature of their business model...old school to the max. Maybe it's a good thing I passed on the job offer in Fort Worth, being that close would be dangerous (in a good way) :)

Cant wait to see some pics! What style? Got mine in abt 12 days but I ordered it much earlier... before the "rush " Lol.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
My hat's the same hue as yours.

I have only seen three hues of hemp milan that Peters Bros offers. The lightest hue is what Bob Roberts and I have. Here they are from P.Bros' facebook page:

Musta just been the pics then, as your hat did appear to be a bit lighter and I do think there is some varience in the "natural" hat bodys. Any purchaser can request the lightest color natural avaliable.

Brad Peters

New in Town
JoeyC

im walking yours to fedex right now
I will check this thread daily if anyone has any questions.

Thanks,
Brad

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have't seen any pics yet, but I believe someone was going to send me some of the ribbons. I've asked for wine or burgundy, although I'm open to suggestions. They mentioned a Petersham ribbon and said they'd send photos. In fact, if it's easier for them I wouldn't be averse to them showing the development of the hat right here. I know I'd love to see it.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I will check this thread daily if anyone has any questions.

Thanks,
Brad

Glad to have you aboard, Brad. Welcome to the Lounge. I've had my eye on Peters Bros for the last couple of years. Awesome hats. I'm glad this thread was started. Any idea when your website will be up and running again? Also, when checking into the Lounge, check your Private Messages as well. Some may want to contact you that way too.

AndyR

One of the Regulars
when checking into the Lounge, check your Private Messages as well. Some may want to contact you that way too.

Thanks for checking in Brad. BTW, regarding the private messages that TJones thoughtfully mentioned, you can go into your settings and set them to notify you when you have a PM. I thought that was automatic when I first joined and it wasn't. I had a couple of messages that I missed.

Andy

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I have't seen any pics yet, but I believe someone was going to send me some of the ribbons. I've asked for wine or burgundy, although I'm open to suggestions. They mentioned a Petersham ribbon and said they'd send photos. In fact, if it's easier for them I wouldn't be averse to them showing the development of the hat right here. I know I'd love to see it.

Shane sent me some email pics "in progress."

RJR

Really nice to have you on the Lounge,Brad.I have several PBs and couldn't be happier.

89quattro

One of the Regulars
Hi Brad - looking forward to receiving my Milan. Thanks again for your service when I visited you guys a few weeks back.

Question: Any chance of bringing the LBJ style "Shady Oak" back to life? I seem to remember reading that it could no longer be made due to an equipment breakdown, and it couldn't be repaired/replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24