Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Petroluem Jelly/ Vaseline

OneAndOnly

Familiar Face
I love love love vaseline! Especially for my dry chapped lips in winter. I also use it on my nails and cuticles at night (with cotton gloves) and if I need a quick moisturizer fix when I'm not at home.

:eek:fftopic: I've been having alot of problems with my skin lately, I've developed pompholyx (a type of eczema) on my hands and feet. It's basically hundreds of tiny blisters that appear under the skin and itch (and hurt :rage: ) like hell! Anyhoo once the blisters disappear (after ALOT of steroid cream) the skin cracks and peels and just completely dries to dust. My doctor recommend Silcocks Base, which I now love! It's about 4euro for a giant tub from the chemist, it can be used as a soap substitute, moisturizer, cleanser, etc. I keep a tub in work for washing and moisturizing my hands and have a tub at home too.

Sorry for getting so off topic :eek:

Foofoogal

Banned
I love this stuff called Aqua pure or something. I put it on my feet at night and wear socks. It helps to keep smooth feet. Doctor told me to use it. Feels like vaseline. I do use vaseline a lot though.

MissHawthorne

New in Town
Foofoogal said:
I love this stuff called Aqua pure or something. I put it on my feet at night and wear socks. It helps to keep smooth feet. Doctor told me to use it. Feels like vaseline. I do use vaseline a lot though.

AQUAPHOR!!
My mother used this on us for EVERYTHING growing up. Bug bites, rashes, dry, chapped fingers and lips. It's now a staple in my house, too.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
OneAndOnly said:
:eek:fftopic: I've been having alot of problems with my skin lately, I've developed pompholyx (a type of eczema) on my hands and feet. It's basically hundreds of tiny blisters that appear under the skin and itch (and hurt :rage: ) like hell!
Sorry for getting so off topic :eek:
I'm sorry to hear that. I suffered from that during my teens, the blisters covered my fingers & thumbs (made holding pens & pencils really difficult). It seems to come & go for no reason. Anyway, good luck, I hope it clears up soon.

vinspired

Familiar Face
Since the 1920s and 30s as makeup women have been putting vaseline on their eyelids to make the eyes 'pop'.

I have always used vaseline on my lips - great stuff.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lolly_loisides said:
I'm sorry to hear that. I suffered from that during my teens, the blisters covered my fingers & thumbs (made holding pens & pencils really difficult). It seems to come & go for no reason. Anyway, good luck, I hope it clears up soon.

I had it for a few months, until I discovered why! It was the worst symptom of an out of control, total-body yeast infection, known as candida syndrome. Basically yeast takes over your intestinal tract and makes you sick from its toxins as it lives and dies in there. Antibiotic use is a common cause. I was able to get it lovable with diet and herbal cures, but never really got it gone until I did a serious course of antifungal medicine. After being sick for three years, it was so wonderful to be better again. In fact, I had no idea how crappy I felt overall until it was all gone.

You should check it out!

OneAndOnly

Familiar Face
Ladies thank you for the lovely words! It actually started when I got ring worm (yuck) but seems to be brought on now by extreme heat (thank god I live in Ireland!) and stress. I only have a small patch on the side of my left hand at the moment and a smaller patch on the side of my middle finger so it's manageable! And funny enough I actually had an infection in my gut last year (spent 5 days in hospital because of it :rage: ) so maybe that contributed?

Anyhoo best not stay off topic too much!

Thanks again!
X

M

member 17260

Hi everyone! This is my first post! Just wanted to report that for about a month, I've been using Ponds Cold Cream while in the bath, wipe off with a wet washcloth just before exiting the tub, then slather on lavender and chamomile petroleum jelly on my face and neck while my skin is still damp. CVS makes a house brand you can find in the baby section . I have pretty normal skin, a little bit combination, and not too many skin issues, and it's been working great. I'm lucky enough to have nice skin, but as I'm getting older, feel like I should do something to keep it looking that way. At first, my face was very shiny because I used a lot, but as I've gotten used to applying it, I've been using less. Just enough to keep in the moisture, so my skin doesn't look shiny after about an hour. I think this brand smells pretty good, but it should be easy enough to mix up your own scents if they discontinue this one. A quick zap in the microwave, stir in some essential oils and voila, your very own custom PJ :)
I feel the way many of you do about simplifying beauty routines and downsizing the amount of products you use. It's funny to me when people ask how often I wash my hair and I say about once or twice a week and they gasp in horror. There is no one-size-fits all approach to beauty, and you do what works for you.
My last tip: use PJ on your face before you sit under the hood dryer. Man, that thing dries out my skin, but with the PJ, no worries!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24