PF Flyers Sandlot

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by dannyk, Apr 2, 2021.

1. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

8B884BA3-9A76-4769-9B80-C59AA6E8894F.jpeg F5593DFA-6266-4D7D-B4BA-AA946ED41F58.jpeg I’m not going to bother posting a ton of photos cause these literally got here 10 mins ago brand new, tried on, don’t fit, posted here. So they are new-unworn. I got these in a US Size 8, it’s now quite evident I need an 8.5 if not a 9. These run smaller than other styles like this I would say. No two peoples feet are the same but based on my fit test I would say these run a half size smaller than normal. I paid 64....I’ll sell for 50US plus buyer pays shipping. I would exchange them but the eBay shop is out of my size and literally so is everyone else. I didn’t search for hours but I just spent 20 mins searching eBay, grailed, Amazon and a litany of sites and apparently 8.5 is the most popular size on earth and is sold out everywhere on earth. If you’re an 8 and want to save some money if you’re a US buyer outside the US maybe we can split shipping to make it worth it for you.

Monitor likes this.
  2. Yamahana

Yamahana One of the Regulars

503FE03D-CBFD-4FE0-AA28-F2DD825A3C20.jpeg
    I’m a fan of PF Flyer myself especially with this kinda guarantee

Monitor likes this.
  3. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Ok. I need a pair. Those are awesome. Too small for me. What is your brannock? I’m like a 10/10.5. Would like to avoid the same hassle.

4. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

9. In shoes this style I normally find they run larger than like Nikes. So I knew I’d have to size down. But like I said 8.5 is sold out everywhere I checked so tried an 8 and it’s not happening.

5. Psant25

Psant25 One Too Many

I had to size up too. I take the same size as my new balance or nike sneakers. I think new balance owns/make pf flyers.

6. Monitor

Monitor

They're really neat!

dannyk likes this.
  7. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Just sad my size is sold out everywhere! I’ll definitely be getting a pair as soon as I can find the right size. They are really cool looking and relatively inexpensive compared to so many others in this style.

Monitor likes this.
  8. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Why are they unobtanium? I went to their site and they only have size 14....!?

dannyk likes this.
  9. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

They really are! It’s ridiculous. I have no idea if they are always this hard to get, somehow pandemic related, going out of business but there’s like none anywhere. Not even many on grailed or eBay. So strange.

Bfd70 likes this.
  10. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

@Bfd70 I just emailed PF Flyers/New Balance Customer Service to ask what’s going on and if a timeline for a potential restock exists. I’ll keep ya posted.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  11. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

I know everyone is different, but I have two pair of PF Flyers and they're accurately sized. Converse's "All Stars" are different--I wear size 10.5 in most shoes, but have to size down to 10 for Converse.

12. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

EEEE3578-8B13-417B-918B-1F9A47D84900.jpeg Two things.

1. someone buy these!
    2. @Bfd70 this was the response. That’s a lot of words to just say we don’t know, we don’t care.

13. Chrisb2011

Chrisb2011 New in Town

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021 at 3:01 AM
  14. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

That's unfortunate. I find my PF Flyers to be a lot more comfortable than my Converse. Oh well, maybe another shoe company will take over production.

15. Edward

Edward Bartender

New Balance do indeed own the PF Flyer brand. It was originally owned by Converse until concerns arose about anti-trust / monopoly issues in the early 70s, then it passed through several hands until New Balance actually brought the brand back in a big way about fifteen years ago. I followed it ta the time because I was looking for a Converse alternative after Nike bought them out, and NB were known for a high rating as ethical traders.

Psant25 likes this.