Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenix Hat Company

humanshoes

One Too Many
Very good get, Rick. Nice addition to the hatting business. Very underestimated I think by most hatters (and hat collectors too for that matter). So good on you for giving it the attention it deserves. Would be nice to see a comparison someday between a lured hat and an unlured one.
Thanks steur. I'll try to post a before and after comparison shot sometime soon.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Rick sent me a photo of a hat he's starting for me; I was able to sneak an order in edgewise between all the "DeadlyHandsome" hats! This one will be a medium-body natural felt with a navy ribbon, just like Rick pictured a few pages back. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product in person. Rick has made one hat for me before this one, and it turned out great!

Speaking of Brent's hats, I would really like to see how that willow green hat turned out in the end, once it is delivered and loved on a little bit!

Rick sent me a photo of a hat he's starting for me; I was able to sneak an order in edgewise between all the "DeadlyHandsome" hats! This one will be a medium-body natural felt with a navy ribbon, just like Rick pictured a few pages back. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product in person. Rick has made one hat for me before this one, and it turned out great!

Speaking of Brent's hats, I would really like to see how that willow green hat turned out in the end, once it is delivered and loved on a little bit!

I’m anxious to see the willow too. I think the Post Office is in the Pay of Rick’s enemies. It was due yesterday and it still hasn’t been delivered. Not Rick’s fault but I’m losing sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

humanshoes

One Too Many
Occasionally I come across something that is just too cool not to share. My search for a USA supplier of silk grosgrain hat ribbon led me to this picture of a fox made entirely of ribbon in the showroom window of Shindo USA in New York.
Ribbon Fox.jpg

humanshoes

One Too Many
I’m anxious to see the willow too. I think the Post Office is in the Pay of Rick’s enemies. It was due yesterday and it still hasn’t been delivered. Not Rick’s fault but I’m losing sleep.

Hell Brent, half the hats I've sent you have somehow gotten sidetracked. I see the Willow passed through San Francisco yesterday and I had a little bit of a flashback to my time spent there in the mid 90's. On the upside your hat also passed through Memphis so it probably picked up some serious blues mojo.

Hell Brent, half the hats I've sent you have somehow gotten sidetracked. I see the Willow passed through San Francisco yesterday and I had a little bit of a flashback to my time spent there in the mid 90's. On the upside your hat also passed through Memphis so it probably picked up some serious blues mojo.

I figure the universe is trying to teach me patience. If the hat is absorbing the essence of the cities it’s passing through I won’t complain...too much.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I figure the universe is trying to teach me patience. If the hat is absorbing the essence of the cities it’s passing through I won’t complain...too much.

I’ve had terrible experiences with USPS shipping lately. For example, a package mailed in Pennsylvania went north and rambled through several New England states before making it back here to Virginia. I always get the packages, just sometimes not as quickly as I should. I hope your hat finds its way home soon!

humanshoes

One Too Many
I’ve had terrible experiences with USPS shipping lately. For example, a package mailed in Pennsylvania went north and rambled through several New England states before making it back here to Virginia. I always get the packages, just sometimes not as quickly as I should. I hope your hat finds its way home soon!
I've been paying attention to the states where packages get misdirected to determine if there is a correlation to the legalization of recreational marijuana use in those states. Hah!

Occasionally I come across something that is just too cool not to share. My search for a USA supplier of silk grosgrain hat ribbon led me to this picture of a fox made entirely of ribbon in the showroom window of Shindo USA in New York.
View attachment 142702
When I glance at the tail it makes me think it was chiseled from wood.

There is a local artist near me who works with Legos. He has pieces in private collections around the world & is especially popular in Japan. Does a lot of trade work too; was commissioned a couple of yrs ago by Nike to do a huge version of a Nike hightop shoe to be used at some unveiling of the new Nike shoeline.

humanshoes

One Too Many
When I glance at the tail it makes me think it was chiseled from wood.

There is a local artist near me who works with Legos. He has pieces in private collections around the world & is especially popular in Japan. Does a lot of trade work too; was commissioned a couple of yrs ago by Nike to do a huge version of a Nike hightop shoe to be used at some unveiling of the new Nike shoeline.
Okay Jack, now I want to see the big ass Lego shoe.

Okay Jack, now I want to see the big ass Lego shoe.
Don't know that I can find a pic. As I recall it was a centerpiece in a fountain. He works out the piece in his studio, then assembles it on site. Private collectors sometimes want their pieces cemented together, othertimes not. He did a 4' battleship for some retired Admiral of a ship the Admiral had commanded. It was assembled in the Admirals home somewhere.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Don't know that I can find a pic. As I recall it was a centerpiece in a fountain. He works out the piece in his studio, then assembles it on site. Private collectors sometimes want their pieces cemented together, othertimes not. He did a 4' battleship for some retired Admiral of a ship the Admiral had commanded. It was assembled in the Admirals home somewhere.
I love it that he gets to make a living playing with toys. Dream job.

My Phoenix in Winchester’s willow Beaver arrived and I couldn’t be happier. Rick’s work keeps getting better and I don’t know how that’s even possible.

6” open crown, 2 7/8” wide brim. The crown ribbon and brim binding is grosgrain and the color of the binding is silverbelly.

These first look a bit furry but that’s due more to them being misted with distilled water in preparation of being creased:

0289103aa9a1866a2d8bf92c61d2bc5b.jpg

c2ebcca2cea1cc9a4d537e88f48bc7cc.jpg

033a85e82bc02de1cb48ca35fd0c0e42.jpg

e149a79aac1dba18eafd947cc250c46f.jpg

8f72343a7345f32feeeb00ca30f95de7.jpg

a7facb1a48de9a2cf08b0a87ad5c7c93.jpg

96d809d35a80d0341d64f6138e83320a.jpg

ec1fa2428f7b782a8e89c87530eacd6e.jpg

e5fe75aadb8d18b56f6731c8c78a867b.jpg

71c5d277c4222f84ccbbc52348aeaa4f.jpg

I love the hat and Rick deserves all the praise I can lavish on him.

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
My Phoenix in Winchester’s willow Beaver arrived and I couldn’t be happier. Rick’s work keeps getting better and I don’t know how that’s even possible.

6” open crown, 2 7/8” wide brim. The crown ribbon and brim binding is grosgrain and the color of the binding is silverbelly.

These first look a bit furry but that’s due more to them being misted with distilled water in preparation of being creased:

0289103aa9a1866a2d8bf92c61d2bc5b.jpg

c2ebcca2cea1cc9a4d537e88f48bc7cc.jpg

033a85e82bc02de1cb48ca35fd0c0e42.jpg

e149a79aac1dba18eafd947cc250c46f.jpg

8f72343a7345f32feeeb00ca30f95de7.jpg

a7facb1a48de9a2cf08b0a87ad5c7c93.jpg

96d809d35a80d0341d64f6138e83320a.jpg

ec1fa2428f7b782a8e89c87530eacd6e.jpg

e5fe75aadb8d18b56f6731c8c78a867b.jpg

71c5d277c4222f84ccbbc52348aeaa4f.jpg

I love the hat and Rick deserves all the praise I can lavish on him.

Beautiful hat Brent. Great work by Rick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo