1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Phoenix Hat Company

Discussion in 'Hats' started by deadlyhandsome, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Woodtroll

Woodtroll One of the Regulars

Very nice hat, Brent. The pure-beaver pecan hat Rick delivered to me a couple months back has quickly become my favorite go-to hat. It went through several days of Hurricane Florence without batting an eye and turned out just fine.

Rick really makes some fine hats! I’m looking forward to seeing what he turns out on a mid-weight natural beaver body that is a ways down his list yet.

deadlyhandsome and Tukwila like this.
  2. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thanks, Regan. I think you’ll really like your hat in natural; it’s a wonderful versatile color. I’m pondering a few more hats from Rick as I have a feeling that demand will drive his prices up at some point. I currently have a Willow, Sahara, Dark Moss, Sand, and Silvermist in queue and I’m looking to add Navy, Forest Green (with the leather band copied from you), and Granite. I haven’t really considered commissioning hats from other hatters since I received my first Phoenix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Redfokker, Woodtroll and humanshoes like this.
  3. humanshoes

humanshoes Vendor

Woodtroll likes this.
  4. humanshoes

humanshoes Vendor

Continued thanks for your kind words Brent. You've definitely taken the top spot for "most hats commissioned by a single customer" and it's always a pleasure helping your hat visions become reality.

Redfokker and Woodtroll like this.
  5. Woodtroll

Thanks, Rick, we came through okay, although some friends in NC are still trying to clean up the damage. I know the rains went further into SW VA, so I assume y'all got some too. I hope you all came through okay, as well.

Yes, the hat did great, just as we had planned for it to. I couldn't ask for any better service. It is starting to earn its patina just a little now. It truly is a great outdoors hat, and I hope anyone reading this thread that needs a hat will look you up; I couldn't be more pleased. Brent may become a sole-source customer if this keeps up, but hopefully you can squeak one out here and there for the rest of us! ;) For him to say he didn't usually care for leather bands, but then liked it well enough to ask for one on one of his hats because of how well it looked, I think really speaks to how well you put the whole package together. (And Brent, I do think that same color would be perfect for a green or greenish felt - really looking forward to seeing that!)

Take care, all,
    Regan

6. deadlyhandsome

[​IMG]

Won’t be long now.

Perry Underwood, RJR, Tukwila and 4 others like this.
  7. Woodtroll

Looking good! Really interested to see the finished product.

RJR, Redfokker, Tukwila and 1 other person like this.
  8. Woodtroll

Rick, the "Trekker" got to go out and play in the rain today, and it is performing beautifully! I love this hat!

Please pardon the scruffy beard; I am off from work for post-op recovery from a hip replacement, and have found it a real joy not to have to shave every day! Sadly, the beard is much more white now than it was when I shaved it off almost 30 years ago to enter the fire service, but that's a small price to pay to get to live a good life...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Y'all take care, best wishes and prayers to those hardest hit by Michael!
    Regan

9. humanshoes

humanshoes Vendor

Hey Regan, That's freaking beautiful! I love it when a beaver (hat) gets returned to the wild. That hat was born for a rainy day and I'm glad it's serving you well. Speaking of well, my best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery from your surgery. Can't keep a good man down.

10. deadlyhandsome

I love it, Regan! A well-made beaver hat can take the weather without a problem. Rick makes hats equally at home in the woods and the boardroom.

Hope you have a speedy and pain free recovery.

Brent

Woodtroll, humanshoes and Tukwila like this.
  11. Woodtroll

Thanks, gentlemen, I appreciate the well-wishes. I feel so much better than I did pre-surgery that it is hard to behave myself and not overdo it.

Y'all take care,
    Regan

12. That's a great hat, and wishing a speedy recovery Regan.

13. Woodtroll

Thanks very much, sir, I really appreciate that!

Redfokker likes this.
  14. DesertDan

DesertDan One Too Many

A very fine hat ya got there Regan, Congrats!
    Here's wishing you a full and speedy recovery,

Woodtroll likes this.
  15. Woodtroll

Thank you, it is indeed. Rick listened to what I asked for and turned out a hat that exceeded my expectations. I have ordered another, dressier hat (like the natural/navy ribbon hat posted a few pages back) that is still a ways down his list; I can't wait to see how that one turns out.

I also appreciate the well wishes. Thank you very much, sir!

Tukwila likes this.