Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenix Hat Company

What felt company was the Willow color from? I forget

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Art at VS came up with several proprietary colors, Limestone, dove grey, blue smoke, etc. and those colors were only available from VS. Winchester stopped that practice; however, they require a minimum order of 36 for those colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

humanshoes

One Too Many
Here’s an idea!

Last summer I wanted to get a Phoenix in Blue Smoke beaver (light bluish grey); however, the felt company (Winchester) has a minimum order of 36 hat bodies for that color. Do you think there would be 35 other folks here on the Lounge who would be willing to pony up the cash for one of these special orders? I’m also interested in Limestone if Blue Smoke isn’t your thing but all 36 felts would have to be the same color. I’d suspect the wait time would be...long, but maybe Rick would allow us to pay for the price of the hat body and secure a place in his queue and then when your turn comes up you can pay the balance and get your hat. I don’t even know if Rick would be interested, but I’d love a Fedora Lounge exclusive Phoenix Hat.

Anyone else? Heck, I’m down for both colors if we can get find 70 others to join in (all assuming that Rick can fit that much hat making into his busy life). I’m liking this idea.

I would love to get my hands on few of those Blue Smoke ( or dove gray, or limestone for that matter) felts Brent. Just say the word and I'll be ready. I came very close to ordering a 36 body run of the Blue Smoke just for my stock, but ended up ordering a sweatband sewing machine instead so that pretty much blew the hat budget. I'm planning a trip to the Winchester plant in February and I'll be talking to Greg about his special run hat bodies. It's not likely that they'll ever change their minimum order requirements just for us little guys, still, one can dream.

I would love to get my hands on few of those Blue Smoke ( or dove gray, or limestone for that matter) felts Brent. Just say the word and I'll be ready. I came very close to ordering a 36 body run of the Blue Smoke just for my stock, but ended up ordering a sweatband sewing machine instead so that pretty much blew the hat budget. I'm planning a trip to the Winchester plant in February and I'll be talking to Greg about his special run hat bodies. It's not likely that they'll ever change their minimum order requirements just for us little guys, still, one can dream.

I think if we can get the word out we could find 34 (Max and I are already in) people here who would get in on this. Something like a $100 deposit to cover the cost of the hat body (or more if necessary) and secure a spot in queue with delivery within...12 months? Just throwing out ideas and and numbers. If you’re interested in the idea let me know and we’ll beat the bushes. If you wanted some of the blue smoke felts for your stock we can even lower the number.

Going to Winchester in February....hmmm....

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I think if we can get the word out we could find 34 (Max and I are already in) people here who would get in on this. Something like a $100 deposit to cover the cost of the hat body (or more if necessary) and secure a spot in queue with delivery within...12 months? Just throwing out ideas and and numbers. If you’re interested in the idea let me know and we’ll beat the bushes. If you wanted some of the blue smoke felts for your stock we can even lower the number.

If you are going to the factory in February, Rick, I have a patient who is a pretty good shoplifter. Here is a picture of her shoplifting a 55 inch flatscreen TV. [emoji2]
8cb2fcb130ac5e1b08b534afb383ec28.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

humanshoes

One Too Many

That all sounds good Brent. I would commit to six bodies for my stock. In the meantime, I'll talk to the folks at Winchester and put together some firm numbers for you.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone have a picture to share? I might be in for the Blue Smoke, too, or a Limestone.

Here’s an idea!

Last summer I wanted to get a Phoenix in Blue Smoke beaver (light bluish grey); however, the felt company (Winchester) has a minimum order of 36 hat bodies for that color. Do you think there would be 35 other folks here on the Lounge who would be willing to pony up the cash for one of these special orders? I’m also interested in Limestone if Blue Smoke isn’t your thing but all 36 felts would have to be the same color. I’d suspect the wait time would be...long, but maybe Rick would allow us to pay for the price of the hat body and secure a place in his queue and then when your turn comes up you can pay the balance and get your hat. I don’t even know if Rick would be interested, but I’d love a Fedora Lounge exclusive Phoenix Hat.

Anyone else? Heck, I’m down for both colors if we can get find 70 others to join in (all assuming that Rick can fit that much hat making into his busy life). I’m liking this idea.

I mentioned to Mike at NW that perhaps he could get the independent hatters to go together and make a group order of either these special run colours or some FEPSA felts....he laughed and said it would be tooo much work to try to get the hatters to cooperate and agree!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner