Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenix Hat Company

Yeah, that was the same response I used to get from girls back in the day when I would ask them for dates, "Thanks, maybe next time."
Just like the answer I got from my very best friend when he was trying to get me to go on a blind date as a favor to him, with his girlfriend's best friend, "She has a great personality & she makes all her own clothes."

Means she's ugly & fat!

Woodtroll

One Too Many
upload_2019-6-27_7-18-10.jpeg

Rick sent this picture of my granite Western-weight, still wet on the block. He admitted he had to wrestle this one a while to get the tall crown I prefer. This one will get a vintage-looking faded maroon ribbon that is as close as I could find to that intriguing “slate” ribbon that Michael Gannon uses.

I will repeat here what I’ve said several times before in different threads here on the Lounge - Rick is a great guy to work with and will make sure you get the hat you expect. I certainly appreciate his work!

Robieman

A-List Customer
View attachment 174778

Rick sent this picture of my granite Western-weight, still wet on the block. He admitted he had to wrestle this one a while to get the tall crown I prefer. This one will get a vintage-looking faded maroon ribbon that is as close as I could find to that intriguing “slate” ribbon that Michael Gannon uses.

I will repeat here what I’ve said several times before in different threads here on the Lounge - Rick is a great guy to work with and will make sure you get the hat you expect. I certainly appreciate his work!
You and Brent are making me giddy. I have one in queue also, and can't hardly wait!! I think you have picked a nice color combo, and I look forward to you posting pics when it arrives.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
I concur with your statement, Rick does great work and is very customer-friendly.

View attachment 174778

You and Brent are making me giddy. I have one in queue also, and can't hardly wait!! I think you have picked a nice color combo, and I look forward to you posting pics when it arrives.
I am, I think, next in the queue. The anticipation is perhaps more thrilling than the actual receipt of the hat! If I don't have a hat in a queue somewhere I suffer from a type of withdrawal.

View attachment 174778

Interesting. It sounds like we went with something similar. These are photos of my granite (expected the end of July):

7ec8a3aa41c760ff171d151c34fa92d3.jpg

I went with a 2” ribbon for a more vintage dress hat look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

humanshoes

One Too Many
I always feel like a kid on Christmas day when I see one these packages arrive from Portugal. I know that, scrunched up inside, there will be absolutely beautiful examples of the felt maker's art. The interesting thing about these three bodies, though, is that they are regular pounce finish, suede finish, and velour finish and they were all listed as CAMEL color. I'm not complaining mind you. The bodies available to me from FEPSA are limited and I'm thrilled to get three distinctly different colors.
(please excuse the crappy cell phone pics)

FEPSA Bag.jpg
FEPSA Bodies.jpg

Last edited:
I always feel like a kid on Christmas day when I see one these packages arrive from Portugal. I know that, scrunched up inside, there will be absolutely beautiful examples of the felt maker's art. Interesting thing about these three bodies, though, they are regular pounce, suede finish, and velour finish and they were all listed as CAMEL color. I'm not complaining mind you. The bodies I can buy from FEPSA are limited and I'm thrilled to get three distinctly different colors.
(sorry for the crappy pics. taken at work with crappy cell phone)

View attachment 175570 View attachment 175571

Beaver? I’m really wanting to try a 100% beaver FEPSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21