Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenix Hat Company

humanshoes

One Too Many
The fella I made this hat for may or not get around to posting it here, but I'm so taken with his color choices that I thought throw it up here. He chose a Willow beaver felt from Winchester and paired that with a Smoke Gray ribbon treatment. I'm not capable of taking pictures that will do this hat justice, but it turned out to be a very classy combo.
Willow and Gray Smoke.jpg

The fella I made this hat for may or not get around to posting it here, but I'm so taken with his color choices that I thought throw it up here. He chose a Willow beaver felt from Winchester and paired that with a Smoke Gray ribbon treatment. I'm not capable of taking pictures that will do this hat justice, but it turned out to be a very classy combo.
View attachment 177308

Very nice, Rick. Willow is a wonderful color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

View attachment 177308
I've always thought Willow would be a great color for a light weight, linerless summer version of a Playboy clone.

I'm thinking Willow is more like the old Resistol Palomino color, & Sage is more like a silver green. Can anyone express an opinion on that?

Old car guys will remember this; in 1966 Chevrolet offered the Corvette in a color called Mosport Green. Willow reminds me somewhat of that color. It was a nice rich color but didn't sell very well. It wasn't racy looking enough for the Corvette, everyone wanted something like British Racing Green. If you own a big block coupe in Mosport Green today you can write your own ticket.

IMG_3885.JPG

IMG_3886.JPG

In 1967 Chevrolet came out with their version of the green everyone wanted, called Goodwood Green. They sold a ton of cars & they are probably the most common color for 1967 even today.

IMG_3887.JPG

IMG_3888.JPG

humanshoes

One Too Many
Old car guys will remember this; in 1966 Chevrolet offered the Corvette in a color called Mosport Green. Willow reminds me somewhat of that color. It was a nice rich color but didn't sell very well. It wasn't racy looking enough for the Corvette, everyone wanted something like British Racing Green. If you own a big block coupe in Mosport Green today you can write your own ticket.

View attachment 177347

View attachment 177348

In 1967 Chevrolet came out with their version of the green everyone wanted, called Goodwood Green. They sold a ton of cars & they are probably the most common color for 1967 even today.

View attachment 177349

View attachment 177350
One of each please.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I'm following up from a post a few days ago with pictures of my new Phoenix granite beaver hat. Rick builds a fine hat - I am so pleased with all three he has taken the time to make for me!

The hat arrived very well packaged, with a nice hat box inside a heavier corrugated cardboard box. The workmanship is fantastic - soft hand, even finish, and an excellent job on the ribbon, sweatband, and liner. The dimensions and profile are just what I had asked for. The felt is a western body due to the size, so it is a little stiff, but Rick knows I prefer a stiffer hat that will hold its shape.

The color of the felt is pure gray, no brown at all as I have seen in some Winchester granite felts. I would describe it as a medium charcoal in most light, although it can also look very light gray in certain light. The ribbon shows more purple in the photos than it appears in most light; it is a faded "rose wine" color most of the time.

I think a previous photo posted by @Just A Hat Rack shows the true color pretty well:

1ca5f7f4d558f47c12eb6d5d6e3d94ae.jpg

Thanks, Rick, for another great hat!

I hope you all enjoy a peaceful Sunday,
Regan

I'm following up from a post a few days ago with pictures of my new Phoenix granite beaver hat. Rick builds a fine hat - I am so pleased with all three he has taken the time to make for me!

The hat arrived very well packaged, with a nice hat box inside a heavier corrugated cardboard box. The workmanship is fantastic - soft hand, even finish, and an excellent job on the ribbon, sweatband, and liner. The dimensions and profile are just what I had asked for. The felt is a western body due to the size, so it is a little stiff, but Rick knows I prefer a stiffer hat that will hold its shape.

The color of the felt is pure gray, no brown at all as I have seen in some Winchester granite felts. I would describe it as a medium charcoal in most light, although it can also look very light gray in certain light. The ribbon shows more purple in the photos than it appears in most light; it is a faded "rose wine" color most of the time.

I think a previous photo posted by @Just A Hat Rack shows the true color pretty well:

Regan

Great hat! I like the bold choice for a ribbon color too. Rick makes great hats and this will last you a lifetime.

Interesting that Winchester’s Granite covers so many variations. I wonder if the dress weight felts are dyed differently or if the felt accepts the dye differently. Your variation of gray w/o any brown is a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

humanshoes

One Too Many

Regan
The new hat looks great on you Regan. I hope you wear it in good health for many, many years to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21