PhotoBucket's new "improved" site....

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by Dixon Cannon, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Dixon Cannon

Dixon Cannon My Mail is Forwarded Here

Now that PhotoBucket has ruined what used to be a fantastic place to store images and recall them for posting, can anyone recommend another file sharing site that isn't so complicated? I used to be able to go directly to a given page, locate the image I wanted, obtain the image code and then go post. Now, it seems, I have to wade through my 1300+ images, scrolling all the way back to page one (waiting for the site to download the data) just to find the one image I wish to use. As far as I'm concerned their "improvements" have ruined a perfectly good and efficient file sharing program. Any ideas?

-dixon cannon

2. The Good

The Good Call Me a Cab

New "improvements" for websites can be annoying like this. Yahoo has pretty recently changed, and I don't like it. Unfortunately, I don't know of any other sites like Photobucket to use. I've been using that for three years.

3. Justin B

Justin B One Too Many

Flickr.

4. The Wiser Hatter

The Wiser Hatter I'll Lock Up

Just use dropbox it is tied into your computer and is just a folder you store everything in the cloud. Easy to link to a photo for posting here. Does dump you into a site to view a image.
    https://www.dropbox.com/

5. Phineas Lamour

Phineas Lamour Practically Family

I liked photobucket but now it forced me to switch to the new version. It freezes up too much. I told them when I switched back to original (when that was still an option) but they didn't bother fixing that before the forced switch.

6. Dixon Cannon

Such a disappointment!... PhotoBucket has been SO good for so many years - what were they thinking? It has become just a giant hassle to retrieve and use one's images. -dixon cannon

7. Cochese

Cochese New in Town

I told them on a regular basis as a long-time member they were screwing it up. They were motivated by whoknowswhat.

8. Maj.Nick Danger

Maj.Nick Danger I'll Lock Up

All of our pics are on one page now that scrolls down,.. it looks like? Doesn't bother my system, but then I have 24 gb of memory and an overclocked quad core CPU so maybe it's better equipped to handle newer apps. I have an older dual core system also with only 4 gb of RAM, and I find that it really struggles with newer applications. Time to upgrade again! :eusa_doh:

9. Tango Yankee

Tango Yankee Call Me a Cab

I feel your pain, DC! I've been struggling with it recently as well, but I've not yet had the time to look at the other options.

Why is it that just about every site that provides a service starts out nice and clean and works well, and eventually they do a makeover that ruins it all? It's been like that since the Internet went public! One of the few exceptions has been Amazon. (I will say that sometimes I miss the Amazon feature that gave you an ongoing tally of how much money you've spent there, but I can see why Amazon would have rethought that one. I'm not sure I really want to know, either!)

Cheers,
    Tom

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  10. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

I too am not thrilled about the recent changes to Photobucket.

So few people nowadays believe if something ain't broke, it don't need to be fixed!

11. esteban68

esteban68 Call Me a Cab

i use tiny pic easier than flikr too IMHO.

12. Dixon Cannon

I went to Tiny Pic and when I attempted to join, it was a PhotoBucket page!!! What's with that? I did do a 'upload' to see what would happen. Let's see if the image posts here ≈

[​IMG]

-dixon cannon

13. Hamlet

Hamlet New in Town

Be sure all your pics are in albums with the privacy settings you are comfortable with.
    Upload new photos to albums not the main library. Or they will be accessible to the public.

Can't stand the new Photobucket. It seems the strategy was to make it a pain to have individual albums that are private.

14. herringbonekid

herringbonekid I'll Lock Up

they've dropped the 'every album scrolling on one page' thing which was slow loading, and gone back to numbered pages which you can flick through.
    i can't see any problem with it now.