Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Superfluous, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

3448C837-8775-43BA-BE17-34B2A683A717.jpeg

2. Cornelius

Cornelius One of the Regulars

^ I'll never forget the time I saw Iggy play Cabaret Metro in Chicago in 1996. He was almost 50 then, and I thought the show might be depressing - a musician far past their prime cashing-in, that sorta thing - but I'd never seen him live before and figured, given Iggy's life, that it might be my last chance. Backing band comes out, they set up and stick to the far perimeter of the stage, which I thought was strange.

Then Iggy comes roaring out, full throttle, doesn't stop the entire time, swinging the mic stand around over his head [hence the bassist, et al. seeking cover at the periphery], he's shirtless of course & obviously in better shape than my much younger self. At the start of "Passenger" Iggy begins pulling people up from the audience, over the Security barricade, to dance with him until the entire stage was packed. Absolutely incredible show.

Also love that he only buys used cars from the Classifieds, for cash, because he hates that whole hassle at the Dealership.

ai00344, Colin G, Torstein and 8 others like this.
  3. Corsair42

Corsair42 One of the Regulars

Billy Duffy from the Cult in a Lewis Leathers Super Monza, looks like veg tan horsehide. FB_IMG_1597969360287.jpg

ai00344, Colin G, Bushman and 5 others like this.
  4. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Electric was such a great album! I still listen to it.:)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    ai00344 and Tom71 like this.
  5. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I totally agree with this. What is it with these collars - are they 1980's collars? I have not pulled the trigger on a couple of jackets because the collar looked too weak. The inadequate collar has really started to bug me. I'd like to get out more often but I'm not allowed to. :p

6. Monitor

Monitor

Lol, this ad for Vanson's Metro line just popped up on their IG. I can hear the smooth jazz just by looking at the pic. But the jacket does fit him well & exactly like I've seen the E fits some members here. Strange leather, too. Seems lighter. Wish I knew what exactly to look for...

[​IMG]

JMax, El Marro, dubpynchon and 2 others like this.
  7. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

1920 Sear?

s-l1600 (8).jpg s-l1600 (7).jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg

8. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

9. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

He only comes near where I am (well "nearish") every 3-5 years now, and the shows always sell out within minutes. Ridicilous how many people claim to like Rock`n`Roll once the artist has been around long enough...:rolleyes:

Monitor likes this.
  10. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Is this from the 1988 catalog?
    F2B35AFB-E830-4A2C-8A78-BE4DB134773B.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    Tom71, sweetfights, navetsea and 2 others like this.
  11. Monitor

Monitor

More Fine Creek.

[​IMG]

MrProper, Tom71, Whitters and 8 others like this.
  12. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

that is "the chest pockets place and angle" perfect

I hate that mismatched panel and generic guy name the give to their jackets, why would they named their jackets that way lol

13. Monitor

Monitor

I never even notice the mismatched panel until you guys point it out. I just see the nice jacket and then later on when someone comments, I see it for the first time. It just looks like a different panel of leather to me but since every panel is different, I don't see it.

Looking at their well worn examples, seems like the quickly evens out to some degree that's less insulting. I'd give money to FC, if I had the amounts they ask for their jackets.

Pockets height and angle are perfect. These guys do that, they take an existing design and just subtly modify it to perfection. Match that with nice leather and you end up with a pretty awesome jacket.

Tom71 and navetsea like this.
  14. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

Fine Creek probably choose that leather so it'll look worn in really quickly. Given that everyone here has forty jackets, I doubt that'll be an issue. :p

The Instagram photos look like they've been processed to increase contrast, and show up the grain. The leather looks a lot smoother in the product shots on the River and Hide website.

15. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Practically Family

Funny how at selfedge.com they mention the FC mismatched panel as a product feature whilst Aero sells a mismatch under their blue label. 10EE0B47-B69E-42A2-AA2E-BC59717DA93B.jpeg

16. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Yep, you can go online and find that entire catalog in PDF form. The photo shoot feels very dated but most of the jackets are still cool!

17. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

31806D40-0A58-4942-905F-EB41966310B8.jpeg

18. Monitor

Monitor

Today is a Finecreek day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Monitor

Monitor

Did I post some of these already? Some dude on Insta. Schott 613 in Horsehide. Years worth of wear. So if I had kept mine, this is what it'd look like by now. Maybe even better. Would I be happy and content with just this leather jacket? I dunno but whenever I see photos like these, makes me think I would be.

Then again, I love leather jackets so there was no other way. I wanted to learn as much as I could.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Monitor

Monitor

McQueen I think in LL trousers. Wasn't actively looking for this lol, appeared today on LL's FB feed and I just thought it's super cool.

[​IMG]