Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
This is mouth watering
DE4F7804-A776-4BBF-8CCC-0FCE41E7E1D4.jpeg

I’ve got a custom suit in this pattern. I feel like a pimp when I meet clients, etc. A few hats too. Both jackets are awesome.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Didn’t know about this brand until that heavy black wool and leather jacket showed up in the classifieds yesterday. They make a bunch of cool stuff!
That's exactly how I learned about this brand. They make some good looking stuff for very reasonable prices.

dannyk

One Too Many
The only issue I have with O´Connell’s is that they treat customers like crap ha. They are in my hometown. I’ve been there I don’t know 10-12 times in my life. Pretty cool place, that carries some cool stuff. But if you don’t walk in the door dressed to the nines they will look at you with contempt and stigma. Maybe it’s because it’s right near one of UBS campus’ and they get some drunk college hooligans in there. Or they are just snobby rich twats ha. I’ve bought hats, socks and ties from them. They also carry some wolverine boots and Schott jackets. Haven’t been there in like 2 years because of the last time I was there. I was in a 250 dollar pair of jeans, a 200 dollar shirt, and a 70 dollar hat and an 800 dollar leather jacket and got stares and followed around. I was like sorry Sir, my outfit costs more than yours (which I would never ever think or say normally, only in this case. I never judge or care what others wear. Only when some rich cashier gives me attitude like this.) I can’t recall everything they said but it turned me and my friend off. Since then I haven’t been back inside. I check them out now and then online. Just my two cents on them. If anyone’s ever in Buffalo and wants to check them out, they do have a pretty cool building and layout. Definitely have some neat things and I’d go with and meet up. It’s located near some cool bars and we could get a drink after. But if you’re going to do business with them, do it online! Haha

The only issue I have with O´Connell’s is that they treat customers like crap ha. They are in my hometown. I’ve been there I don’t know 10-12 times in my life. Pretty cool place, that carries some cool stuff. But if you don’t walk in the door dressed to the nines they will look at you with contempt and stigma. Maybe it’s because it’s right near one of UBS campus’ and they get some drunk college hooligans in there. Or they are just snobby rich twats ha. I’ve bought hats, socks and ties from them. They also carry some wolverine boots and Schott jackets. Haven’t been there in like 2 years because of the last time I was there. I was in a 250 dollar pair of jeans, a 200 dollar shirt, and a 70 dollar hat and an 800 dollar leather jacket and got stares and followed around. I was like sorry Sir, my outfit costs more than yours (which I would never ever think or say normally, only in this case. I never judge or care what others wear. Only when some rich cashier gives me attitude like this.) I can’t recall everything they said but it turned me and my friend off. Since then I haven’t been back inside. I check them out now and then online. Just my two cents on them. If anyone’s ever in Buffalo and wants to check them out, they do have a pretty cool building and layout. Definitely have some neat things and I’d go with and meet up. It’s located near some cool bars and we could get a drink after. But if you’re going to do business with them, do it online! Haha

I've been followed around the store twice, pissed me off to no end especially since I was wearing like a ton of money in clothes both times. I went in to check some crap posh store in a shopping mall, they had seemingly nice leather jacket and I was wearing really nice gear both times but apparently wasn't dressed well enough not to appear suspicious. Really annoying...

dannyk

One Too Many
I've been followed around the store twice, pissed me off to no end especially since I was wearing like a ton of money in clothes both times. I went in to check some crap posh store in a shopping mall, they had seemingly nice leather jacket and I was wearing really nice gear both times but apparently wasn't dressed well enough not to appear suspicious. Really annoying...
All you have to do is walk in the door to tell O’Connells is for a certain sort of person. Like a tall, thin 60 year old white guy in suspenders, mustache, bow tie type of thing. I just felt so out of place. They followed my friend and I around the entire time. I had been there quite a few times before as I said. And had always either been ignored or followed and given attitude. But this last time with my friend was the last time. Again it was so long ago I can’t recall exactly what they said to us. But it was basically several times of me or my friend saying I like this, how much is it? And them explaining it like we were toddlers what it was, and us being like yeah we know I own two of them, and don’t need to be explained like that I just need a price? Or them being like “oh you don’t seem the type who would want that.” “Oh Sir that’s a very expensive piece I’m not sure you’d like that.” Haven’t been back since.

Last edited:

Kalmer

One of the Regulars
5DF18D8E-A894-4DAC-9C3F-43ECDE132514.jpeg
6F43E85E-969C-4B34-A301-2078C860B58E.jpeg
Some cool stuff by Levis, almost identical to the Aero‘s version, but clearly this guy has some unusual collar configuration.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah I don’t mind that they do it. Not at all actually. Like you said almost every design is either a reproduction or inspired by. I just find it odd how they can carry a brand and then copy it, or change it just a bit without that maker getting angry. Everyone is copying everyone, but they aren’t usually being sold side by side ha. That’s all. They carry really cool stuff though. Really like it.
why do think they are coping FW and not the original jacket design like FW copied?

dannyk

One Too Many
why do think they are coping FW and not the original jacket design like FW copied?
I never said they were copying FW. I never said a specific brand. I think another member @jeo posted the FW specific thing. But in a general sense what we were both saying is if you followed that page/user you would see that there are a lot of high quality and really well made jackets but that they look just like or have one little different than a bunch of companies. I have no idea if they are copying, making on behalf of, straight stealing, making with permission, label switching, etc. no idea. But it’s odd to see such similar products being sold right next to one another. And in a meta sort of why the comment who’s to say what they are copying that’s true for so many companies and brands. There’s only so many styles and very rarely anything truly new. Everyone is copy everyone or at least being inspired by. How many people make Perfectos? How many people make Bucos? The two most common and used designs.

jeo

One Too Many
I never said they were copying FW. I never said a specific brand. I think another member @jeo posted the FW specific thing. But in a general sense what we were both saying is if you followed that page/user you would see that there are a lot of high quality and really well made jackets but that they look just like or have one little different than a bunch of companies. I have no idea if they are copying, making on behalf of, straight stealing, making with permission, label switching, etc. no idea. But it’s odd to see such similar products being sold right next to one another. And in a meta sort of why the comment who’s to say what they are copying that’s true for so many companies and brands. There’s only so many styles and very rarely anything truly new. Everyone is copy everyone or at least being inspired by. How many people make Perfectos? How many people make Bucos? The two most common and used designs.

I have no knowledge of Rebel except for what I see on IG. I think they are just a store and not a maker, but I'm not even a 100% on that. To me it looks like they are copying designs from other makers as opposed to reproducing originals. Why they do this is beyond me.

I was wondering, is this halfbelt design based on some vintage jacket or is this actually something totally new? It looks very coherent. View attachment 267943

@tmitchell59 is probably the right person to ask, but I don't believe I've even seen this exact back design on a vintage jacket, but to me it looks to be based on the classic 30s hercules back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana