Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

attack_decay

Familiar Face
1687279574001.png

Crucial piece to nail this look.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
This was his practice jacket/pattern test. He does at least one or two before making the final one. Pic doesn't show but there is four different leather on this one. A few coats of overdye will blend everything well...
I know, he showed me this one before. Made from Horween leather if I'm not mistaken.

The final jacket is stuck at customs, three weeks and counting. :(

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I know, he showed me this one before. Made from Horween leather if I'm not mistaken.

The final jacket is stuck at customs, three weeks and counting. :(
He might have declared the value too low and the EU customs flagged it. It was the same for Canadian customs before all the free trade agreements. You've gotta declare just enough for them to feel good about taxing you without paying too much taxes. Give them 50 to a hundred so they don't take a few hundred or more...

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
He might have declared the value too low and the EU customs flagged it. It was the same for Canadian customs before all the free trade agreements. You've gotta declare just enough for them to feel good about taxing you without paying too much taxes. Give them 50 to a hundred so they don't take a few hundred or more...
Luckily non of my packages were ever flagged.

I actually think it's the other way around. For lower values it's too much work and too little revenues for them and therefore they don't bother invoicing.

Tony sent me a jacket declaring $10 value, it went through customs without me having to pay anything. Reginald declared $50. They made me pay €31,57 lol.

IMG_5031.jpeg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Luckily non of my packages were ever flagged.

I actually think it's the other way around. For lower values it's too much work and too little revenues for them and therefore they don't bother invoicing.

Tony sent me a jacket declaring $10 value, it went through customs without me having to pay anything. Reginald declared $50. They made me pay €31,57 lol.

View attachment 531325
Taxes on top of the shipping cost?! I thought we had it bad with the duties, but taxes was only calculated on the actual product amount, never included the shipping. Yikes. Bootlegging business must be booming...

Is this the same for UK? taxes is calculated on the total amount include the shipping cost?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Taxes on top of the shipping cost?! I thought we had it bad with the duties, but taxes was only calculated on the actual product amount, never included the shipping. Yikes. Bootlegging business must be booming...

Is this the same for UK? taxes is calculated on the total amount include the shipping cost?
For EU: product amount + shipping + custom + VAT + DHL handling cost

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yes, and on top of that you're at the mercy of the intelligence of the customs workers.

So for example I had a package come to London that had the price (shipping and item) in yen, than an = sign and the dollar conversion.

The British authorities charged me VAT on the cost in yen PLUS the cost in dollars, not realising that it was a conversion…

Levi's?

Yes, and on top of that you're at the mercy of the intelligence of the customs workers.

So for example I had a package come to London that had the price (shipping and item) in yen, than an = sign and the dollar conversion.

The British authorities charged me VAT on the cost in yen PLUS the cost in dollars, not realising that it was a conversion…

Levi's?
Block Bilt. I’ve messaged Reg. We are abandoning the Herc in favor of this design.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy