Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Edward

Bartender
Got me wondering if it’s either some 80s only (non Derek revived) Lewis or if it’s from one of the many now-defunct British makers, since the details look far more British than American.

Either's possible. I know Lewis had deviated a lot from the classic models by the tail end of the eighties.... not sure when that started, though. I don't think Derek has revived everything (yet) - certainly they dropped the regular Monza (which they had revived) some years ago. Certainly could be another brand, though, there were so many back in the day. Even plausible it's a Kensington Market or Camden Market special....

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Even plausible it's a Kensington Market or Camden Market special....

Speaking of which, even a decade ago (when I lived halfway between both neighbourhoods so I could walk to both), I could never find anything of interest (clothing wise) in either market. Kensington was good for household things, though, and I regret not picking up quite beautiful Victorian bridle luggage!

Edward

Bartender
Speaking of which, even a decade ago (when I lived halfway between both neighbourhoods so I could walk to both), I could never find anything of interest (clothing wise) in either market. Kensington was good for household things, though, and I regret not picking up quite beautiful Victorian bridle luggage!

They were both past their heyday by then. Camden was never the same after the fire in 2008. I've not really spent time there in a long time, but the last time I was through, it was a fun enough place to wander around, but all the uniqueness had gone, replaced by multiple places selling the same stuff you can find on a dozen websites... Shame. A lot of the good stuff from Camden has migrated to either the market under the Westway flyover, at the bottom of the Portobello Road, or Spitalfields. The real Kensington (indoor) Market, where DeeDee used to buy his clothes when he lived in London after he left the band to concentrate on kicking the smack was shut down in the early-mid 2000s, as memory serves. A tragic loss. It was a shadow of its former self when I knew it (not the Mecca it had been when Ken Calder was selling his own creations there to Hendrix, Brian Jones, Mick Jagger and various Beatles), but it was still kinda fun, and not pricey. Such a shame it's gone. Around 1999, it still had some fairly decent, affordable OTR drapes, albeit more in the punk end of the spectrum than yer hactual Ted gear.

That Victorian luggage is probably selling somewhere on Upper Street now - at ten times the price you saw it going for.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Has it flushed me on Instagram. I find somehow quite cool, although no leather ;)

IMG_8430.jpeg IMG_8431.jpeg IMG_8432.jpeg

Leigh H

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB