Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ryder is a very cool jacket. Love the collar. Man it's a small detail but makes all the diference on these shirt collared jackets...which my 30's HB had a pointy collar.

You do need a LW keeper :D
I am already thinking of my next one even though I have one to come :oops:

red devil

Which one is that?

Well I have a J-24 coming which should have, let's say quench my thirst. And I know it will be very cool.
But I am also looking potentially at his modified grizzly as an option as per this thread:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/time-for-a-grizzly.93681/

Also the other day, I was looking again at the leathertogs

Leathertogs-32A.jpg

And it is calling me at night...

Genuinely curious, is it the patterns you don't like? Or the leather?

I just don't care for the heavy thick kind of painted on finish of most LWs. Armor like, sure, but most often not very grainy..or the grain can look odd...more like stretch marks.

I prefer a leather (HH) that shows a rustic character as it ages rather than retaining a new appearance.

LW are certainly made well...but LW's leather..or much of it is unique to LW with certain properties quite opposite of what I prefer.Simple as that...:)
HD

red devil

I just don't care for the heavy thick kind of painted on finish of most LWs. Armor like, sure, but most often not very grainy..or the grain can look odd...more like stretch marks.

I prefer a leather (HH) that shows a rustic character as it ages rather than retaining a new appearance.

LW are certainly made well...but LW's leather..or much of it is unique to LW with certain properties quite opposite of what I prefer.Simple as that...:)
HD

The LW certainly take much longer to age, 2 years in my suburban to start seeing the grain and a bit of fading

dubpynchon

One Too Many

red devil

It's the weights I'm keen to know about. I gather the russet and black HH comes in more than one weight?

Do they have any leather that's sub 3oz?

In horsehide, they have 3oz, but under that not so sure, maybe. Would be best to send them an email.
As for their other leathers, I don't know which thickness they hold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider