Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Edward

Bartender
That last Langlitz looks like exactly the sort of old American jacket Ken must have had in mind when he took the original Rivett's of Leytonstone Highwayman branded jacket (now reproduced by Aero as the "Original 59er Highwayman") and Americanised the design, making it less form fitting, a bit boxier, than the typical British jackets.

With the looming (figners crossed over the next eighteen months) vehicular confirmation of my midlife crisis, I have been toying with the idea of something I'd written off previously as "not me" - a cafe racer type jacket. The Vanson House model has a certain appeal. Though I'm also intrigued by GoldTop's offerings. We've discussed the revivied English brand GoldTop before.... For something more conventionally "me", their "The 1959" model has a strong appeal:

113046499_o22.jpg

Very much reminiscent of the Original 59er, or a Lewis Dominator / Corsair, but at a price where I'd be perfectly happy to patch it up and have a bit of fun with it. I am, of course, holding fire for now until I see what conclusion they come to with regards to Goldtop's experiments with putting armour in these jackets.

Ther'es a list of Aeros I want about a dozen long, too, but that's a whole nother story!

Edward

Bartender
My understanding is different from yours. It would be quite difficult to sustain a "regular" supply of HH relying only on the nature. My understanding is that although there is no actual law banning the practice in the States, almost all of the slaughterhouses in the States are gone due to public pressure and that tanneries in the States have to rely on imports from countries that still allow such practice.
In any case, those famous Italian and Shiniki HH are from countries that still regard the meat as fine cuisine and still allow such practice if not for the HH.

I was under the impression that the US had outlawed the slaughter of horses on US soil some ten years ago or so, but that may have changed. It was certianly on the cards at the time. I tend to think it's good for the animals all round, though, if they are eaten.... aside from the fact that the better treated animals produce the better hides and meat, it also seems to me much less wasteful. I've never had any morsal problem with an animal's life being taken to feed and clothe me, but I do think we owe nature the respect of only taking what we "need" (subjective, granted.... I've got a bunch of leather jackets!), and not wasting any of it.

Sid's Dominator, isn't it?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was under the impression that the US had outlawed the slaughter of horses on US soil some ten years ago or so, but that may have changed. It was certianly on the cards at the time. I tend to think it's good for the animals all round, though, if they are eaten.... aside from the fact that the better treated animals produce the better hides and meat, it also seems to me much less wasteful. I've never had any morsal problem with an animal's life being taken to feed and clothe me, but I do think we owe nature the respect of only taking what we "need" (subjective, granted.... I've got a bunch of leather jackets!), and not wasting any of it.

Sid's Dominator, isn't it?
I don't think horses are slaughtered only for the skin. That's not the same as mink, fox, elephant and shark. My understanding is that they have not yet passed the federal law. There is in fact no need to do so since the industry has folded under public pressure and various State laws and cases.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I am conservative when it comes to leather. I really don't like jackets with d pockets, angled zips, flaps, lots of snaps and all that gaudy stuff. :eek:

Here's my idea of a great look - elegant, understated, nicely worn, trim fit - all around winner. It's one of our fellow loungers, is it Technovox? I apologize if I got that wrong.

HarleyFit1.jpg

Last edited:

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Aero Route 66:

Great thread, this is a fave. Anybody know what the vest is? Or something similar?

Looking at the, ah, eruption of hashtags on the original post...

#rugged #ruggedguystuff #ruggedgentleman #vintagefashion #heritage #heritagepost #mensfashion #indigo #workwear #realmenwearbeards #pikebrothers #denim #denimlovers #aeroleather #denimlook #oldschool #redwings #fashionblogger #streetstyle #realmen #mensstyle #blueblanket #beard...

I beleive its the Blue Blanket Jeans Striped Denim Vest

Last edited:
I am conservative when it comes to leather. I really don't like jackets with d pockets, angled zips, flaps, lots of snaps and all that gaudy stuff. :eek:

Here's my idea of a great look - elegant, understated, nicely worn, trim fit - all around winner. It's one of our fellow loungers, is it Technovox? I apologize if I got that wrong.

View attachment 70184

I agree and that's why I like these racer jackets as well but sometimes I really feel like wearing a cross zip. Sportster is particularly classy. No other jacket is as clean, not even the Buco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ