Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
this kid on Citibank landing page is sporting some cool D pocket jacket
upload_2019-11-12_10-35-31.png

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
“Be careful out there”.
For the times was a super show.
Lots of future stars.
Bobby played BB at UCLA in the glory days with Lew and Lucious.
Great show. Good jackets.
B

Edward

Bartender
5be4bd8ef252a7ce3a924b8c11827d11.plist

da2e391c1119c2fcb48778d37c3d1272.plist

2aa83fc0efc8982c4366832242fdb088.plist

My only double-breasted leather jacket. I think it looks great, and it’s incredibly comfortable! But haven’t worn this in many years since I live in... California. Will probably put this up for sale for $98.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting cut. It's unusually shortg in the body for a peacoat style in my experience; clearly it's meant to vbe that length, as the sleeves are the correct length on you. But that's not a bad thing - I actuallyl ike thec look of it very much. Sort of 'long halfbelt' length; definitely a jacket rather than an overcoat. Looks cool with denim; would also look pretty cool over acollar and tie in place of a blazer ofr a sort of forties-casual look.

Clapton with Cream, 1967:
View attachment 195118

I love the clash between the 'frontier' jacket and the Sensible Collar and tie and Slacks underneath - probably the most 'Eric Clapton' thing imaginable. WAs never much keen on his pop music (though totally respect him as a musician), but when he plays the blues, he really grabs my attention. What I love about Clapton is that he could play anyone else off the stage, but he doesn't felel the need to compete, and is as happy focussing the spotlight on other musicians playing with him. He's not somebody I associate with ego-trip tantrums at all.

I also love the story about him enjoying gonig to AA meetings on tour in the early eighties and enjoying people being shocked when they recognised him, but knowing they wouldn't go home and tell everyone "I met Eric Clapton." I enjoy that he has a sense of humour about himself that way.

There's on item of "Clapton" memorabilia I'd love to know where it went.... In September 1970, he was on his way to a gig he was supposed to be hanging with Hendrix at, when he saw the first left handed Stratocaster he'd ever seen in a shop window, and on impulse bought it as a gift for Jimi. Alas, as we now know, Hendrix died the night before and so never received it, but I'd love to know where that guitar went. No story I've ever read about it mentions that... I wonder is somebody evne now playing what they've never known "should" have been a Hendrix guitar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points