Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Found it on IG

E2767391-149C-43F2-BC38-89B730B43BAE.jpeg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Do you know what leather it is?

Waxed cowhide in olive pull up according to Johnson Leathers

Most of the type I / II leather jackets I've seen a so far were from Japanese makers which for some reason changed the proportions of the jacket, making it long and slim instead of short and boxy. View attachment 293783

The JL version looks a lot better imo because they got the proportions right.

I did notice the longer body lengths in these Japanese type 1 & 2 jackets that makes the proportions a little different where the sleeves seems to end where the bottom band lies. Maybe that's just how the Japanese prefer it but I still like the original look. Love the type 3 but the type 2 is the one I find the most interesting

If you're looking for something minimally sturdy that is pretty damning... otherwise it's ok I guess. It depends what you are looking for.

I don't see how this can't be a reasonable deal breaker for prospective customers?

Yep, exactly. This isn't a piece of art or a movie prop but a several thousand dollars worth of leather jacket that, regardless of the hype, ought to be doing what leather jackets do and that is protect your clothes from damage and elements while remaining intact, at least for a longest time possible. If a sticker can do that to a finish, well, that's one jacket I'd be very reluctant to leave a house in on a rainy day. I can safely slap a sticker to any of the jackets I currently own and not a single thing is going to happen to 'em.

@JMax Kinda cool backside. Looks like an armour and more back protection is nearly impossible. This one made of HH with all this details is for sure in a price range of 3k$ (or even more...I'm not so familiar with Langlitz).

Very cool but I would probably just keep the shoulders & elbows padded. Maybe add the three back pinstripes found on the cascade. If I ever get to Portland this jacket would be the one I order. I love the collar too. Both it and the gold stitching really set off the deep black of the HH.

I’ve only owned vintage Langlitz and have never priced a new one out. This one has to be at least around $2,500 though.

spreader

New in Town
@JMax Kinda cool backside. Looks like an armour and more back protection is nearly impossible. This one made of HH with all this details is for sure in a price range of 3k$ (or even more...I'm not so familiar with Langlitz).

That Langlitz jacket is medium weight cowhide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot