Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of hatters tools

buler

I'll Lock Up
Picked up my first hat-specific steamer. Some age to it, but it makes good steam! Now to find an appropriate reservoir bottle.

b892ea87cc6eb9745531526d64c603fd.jpg

I have the same steamer. Look up old root beer bottles. They have a rounded handle near the spout that fits into the reservoir opening. Although, looking at your pictures it appears your opening may be a little different than mine. Can you post a top down pic of the reservoir opening?

The original B

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Received my latest acquisitions from both Hatter Supply House and Winchester. 7 new flanges and 6 new 100% Beaver bodies (2 Dark Moss, 2 Dark Brown, and 2 Steel).

The flanges have the following sizes (https://hatterssupplyhouse.com/)

1. #19 - 7 1/8 - 2 7/8
  2. #19 - 7 1/4 - 2 7/8
  3. #17 - 7 1/4 - 2 5/8
  4. #16 - 7 1/8 - 3 1/8
  5. #16 - 7 1/8 - 3 1/8
  6. #510 - 7 1/8 - 2 1/2
  7. #510 - 7 1/4 - 2 1/2
View attachment 130563 View attachment 130564 View attachment 130565 View attachment 130566 View attachment 130567 View attachment 130568 View attachment 130569 View attachment 130570 View attachment 130571 View attachment 130572

Here are the Winchester bodies and a picture of all 15 flanges that I have from Hatters Supply House

DSC_0215.JPG DSC_0216.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0217.JPG
    DSC_0217.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0218.JPG
    DSC_0218.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 92

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Those flange blocks are beautiful CWV. Looks like we got a new "hatslinger" in town.
I have been quietly purchasing equipment the past couple of years and have made a few educational trips to learn from some hatters. Maybe this will be my retirement someday, I have time hone the craft.

But only for those small of head. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have some larger flanges for 7 1/2, 7 3/4 and 8. Takes time to fill complete the equipment set

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
Very impressive collection. Do you have experience with the grosgrain ribbon they offer too? Is that the real deal or is it Petersham?
Thank you Steur! I do not have any experience with their ribbon. I have a small stockpile of vintage grosgrain from eBay and I bought the remaining stock from the widow of a hatter on the east coast.

Picked this up last week. I've been using a regular little pan with a lid to do my steaming and it works. I do look at a Jiffy steamer once in a while, but haven't pulled the trigger (yet). But then this came up and it looked so cool I just had to have it. Albrecht "Favorit" steaming device. It was part of the inventory of a hat shop once, but was sitting in the home of the former owner. The heirs were selling this (and some other pieces) after he passed away. Looks to be a bit of a project though, but even if I don't get it to work it still looks great; such a cute little device.

steam_02.jpg
steam_12.jpg
steam_01.jpg
steam_06.jpg
steam_07.jpg
steam_08.jpg
steam_10.jpg
steam_11.jpg

humanshoes

One Too Many
Picked this up last week. I've been using a regular little pan with a lid to do my steaming and it works. I do look at a Jiffy steamer once in a while, but haven't pulled the trigger (yet). But then this came up and it looked so cool I just had to have it. Albrecht "Favorit" steaming device. It was part of the inventory of a hat shop once, but was sitting in the home of the former owner. The heirs were selling this (and some other pieces) after he passed away. Looks to be a bit of a project though, but even if I don't get it to work it still looks great; such a cute little device.

View attachment 131292 View attachment 131293 View attachment 131294 View attachment 131295 View attachment 131296 View attachment 131297 View attachment 131298 View attachment 131299
Very cool! I especially like the sight glass for the water level.

RJR

View attachment 131292 View attachment 131293 View attachment 131294 View attachment 131295 View attachment 131296 View attachment 131297 View attachment 131298 View attachment 131299
Wow,that is a unique find;smacks of "Rube Goldberg":).

humanshoes

One Too Many
Thanks, in part, to Jiffy Steamer and the plumbing aisle at my local Ace Hardware I give you the "Frankensteamer". The funnel side for full crown steaming, the nozzle side for spot steaming. Individual shut off valves to choose one or the other with minimal steam loss. (Note to self: NEVER fire up the steamer with both valves closed) I'll tie a cotton cloth around the top of the funnel just to be on the safe side. Mad Hatter or Mad Scientist? Only my dog knows for sure and he ain't talkin'.
Frankensteamer 001 (620x465).jpg

RJR

Thanks, in part, to Jiffy Steamer and the plumbing aisle at my local Ace Hardware I give you the "Frankensteamer". The funnel side for full crown steaming, the nozzle side for spot steaming. Individual shut off valves to choose one or the other with minimal steam loss. (Note to self: NEVER fire up the steamer with both valves closed) I'll tie a cotton cloth around the top of the funnel just to be on the safe side. Mad Hatter or Mad Scientist? Only my dog knows for sure and he ain't talkin'.
View attachment 131528
Very cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana