Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of hatters tools

Interesting? That's putting it mildly, Steve. Excellent deconstruction of the operation and kudos on the detailed pictures. These are fascinating feats of engineering and craftsmanship and would require a watchmaker's skill with delicate instruments, it would seem. Every little detail is enthralling for me.

You have to wonder of the evolution of such a device. Did some ingenious cratsman sit down and design this in toto, or did they try this, then combine it with that, then later add the other? I don't think we've ever seen anything that would look like a precursor instrument.

Now, let's see a head shot!

Interesting? That's putting it mildly, Steve. Excellent deconstruction of the operation and kudos on the detailed pictures. These are fascinating feats of engineering and craftsmanship and would require a watchmaker's skill with delicate instruments, it would seem. Every little detail is enthralling for me.

You have to wonder of the evolution of such a device. Did some ingenious cratsman sit down and design this in toto, or did they try this, then combine it with that, then later add the other? I don't think we've ever seen anything that would look like a precursor instrument.

Now, let's see a head shot!
Thanks, Jim. Does make you wonder, doesn't it? It does have all the hallmarks of someone tinkering in his shed for years and coming out with something that looks ridiculous, but just works.
As for the headshot; this is one for special occasions:)

Stefan, Fantastic restoration work. Also great photos and descriptions of the process.
Thank you, Steve. Sorry for the late reply; seem to have missed your post before.

.So now I send you mine to restore !/!/?1?! '
Please & thank you
It was nerve-wracking enough to tinker with my own intrument and I wouldn't want to rob you of the pleasure of having achieved the restoration yourself. :)

Zephyr Union

New in Town
I have over 100 crowns & flanges for sale & no they’re not all small sizes , that was but one picture I posted ✌

Zephyr Union

New in Town
35255DD9-73DD-4555-A004-052D673240F5.jpeg
F37D4FD5-410F-4F95-8DAB-971564E5ADD8.jpeg
7D1C9126-3796-42EA-BB6A-2F0EC410AAA4.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto