Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of your Pinnacle

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
frussell said:
I may be going to hat purgatory for this, but I've been a bad boy. Been thinking about a stingy brim custom for a long time. This Pinnacle cost me about $99, and had the misfortune of arriving the same day as my new brim cutter. I hated to cut into a 100% beaver hat, but with that low crown and the brim arriving all tweaked and floppy, I lost control. I figured I would try the stingy in a beaver model before saving up for a VS and deciding later I looked silly, or waiting for an Akubra Hampton and paying more with shipping than I spent. I'll post photos of my crime later. Still trying to get the brim right. The good news is the brim cutter was a snap to use, and I'm not scared to trim my own hats anymore. Frank.

What did the brim width end up being on this one? I actually very much like the look of this one and am considering asking Art to make me a similar hat....

frussell

One Too Many
Brim Measurement

The brim ended up at about 1 5/8", and right now, it's bashed as a porkpie. If there's enough to work with, I'm thinking about having Major Moore bind the brim, maybe that will give it some body or snap. Good luck, Frank.

frussell

One Too Many
Yeah

Thanks for your concern Tom, but at my size, loose hats are not very common. Since the brim cutter I use leaves perfect circles of felt, I looped them together and use them as dog leashes. Frank

HATCO

Vendor
I like it

frussell said:
Not quite done with the brim curl yet, and hard to see the semi-teardrop bash, but here's what it looks like now:
P1150399.jpg
[/IMG]

P1150401.jpg
[/IMG]

P1150406.jpg
[/IMG]

I never remember to post "before" photos, but it was a mess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy