Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos that touch your heart....

PoohBang

Suspended
Quite a few thread here are not vintage...

I've seen threads removed though also, because someone felt the content was not retro enough for them.

PoohBang

Suspended
not vintage but is a photo that touches your heart.

images

Edward

Bartender
Quite a few thread here are not vintage...

I've seen threads removed though also, because someone felt the content was not retro enough for them.

When they moved servers a few years ago, there was a decision made to try and rein in the Observation Bar area to what was apparently the original intent - a sort of generic catch-all for discussion of things of interest to the vintage community that don't fit elsewhere but still bear some semblance of having a connection to the sites' overall area of interest. It varies, but most of what I've noticed disappearing had no discernable vintage connection at all, whereas a thread like this could go either way. [huh]

PoohBang

Suspended
When they moved servers a few years ago, there was a decision made to try and rein in the Observation Bar area to what was apparently the original intent - a sort of generic catch-all for discussion of things of interest to the vintage community that don't fit elsewhere but still bear some semblance of having a connection to the sites' overall area of interest. It varies, but most of what I've noticed disappearing had no discernable vintage connection at all, whereas a thread like this could go either way. [huh]

I agree. Most of the stuff in here has no vintage-ness to it at all.

and many of non-observation threads also have no vintage-ness to them at all.

and Mario... that's awesome you got to meet his daughter.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Not a photo, but a sketch made by WW2 combat artist Howard Brodie. Gets me every time. It's called "Compassion."

Here is what he said about it: "I remember the young soldier well, he screamed, he was just out of control, and he screamed, and there was another soldier next to him who consoled him, and embraced him. That was a moving moment for me, to see that compassion in combat. And these are the things a person feels when he's in proximity to death-- his buddy, that next human being, that person in the foxhole is the most important person in your life."

compassion-1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats