Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Physiological problems of bomber crews in the eighth air force during wwii

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
I've asked this before, sorry, but I never had any replies.

It must have been lousy for the Allied bomber crews, but they had the "comfort" if that is the right word (and it isn't) of knowing that what they were doing was, sort of revenge for what the Germans had done earlier.

But how did German bomber crew, who had bombed Britain feel when their cities got the same back again?

They weren't happy about it but it justified them in what they did. Not many people know that Churchill orderd the RAF to bomb Berlin before the Luftwaffe bombed London. The RAF carried out 5 bombing raids of dubious military necessity before Hitler bombed London. It was Churchill's way of ending the "phony war" and getting the English to commit to total war.

If you want the German viewpoint you could read some of David Irving's books. He has done more original research in German, British, American and Russian archives than any man alive and has come to some controversial, although fact based, conclusions.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The French were the first to bomb Berlin, on the night of June 7-8, 1940. Of course, their bomber fleet was so tiny, very little damage was done. But then, after that night Goering was Meier!

Big J

Call Me a Cab
They weren't happy about it but it justified them in what they did. Not many people know that Churchill orderd the RAF to bomb Berlin before the Luftwaffe bombed London. The RAF carried out 5 bombing raids of dubious military necessity before Hitler bombed London. It was Churchill's way of ending the "phony war" and getting the English to commit to total war.

If you want the German viewpoint you could read some of David Irving's books. He has done more original research in German, British, American and Russian archives than any man alive and has come to some controversial, although fact based, conclusions.

David Irving the British neo-nazi party founder and holocaust denier?
No thanks, I'll get my information from proper historians.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn