Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pic request: Grey Akubra Stylemaster

panama jack

One of the Regulars
The stylemaster is exactly the style hat I was looking for but not quite the color.
The medium grey also has a slight blueish tint to it that I wasn't expecting. I'll most likely keep this one but will keep looking for another grey one a little lighter and without a blue tint if possible.

pj

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
panama jack said:
The stylemaster is exactly the style hat I was looking for but not quite the color.
The medium grey also has a slight blueish tint to it that I wasn't expecting. I'll most likely keep this one but will keep looking for another grey one a little lighter and without a blue tint if possible.
I have an Akubra CEO in cruiser grey and a Federation IV Deluxe in moonstone. The cruiser grey also has a bluish tint, and the hat mostly goes best with black/blue/grey outfits (though it also works with sage green). The moonstone, on the other hand, is a much more neutral grey and also goes with tans and browns.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
And I've got a Stockman in Glen Grey.

As far as I can tell from all the photos, it's lighter than the Carbon and Mid-Grey, and darker than the Cruiser or Moonstone... but it's still got a distinct blue cast. I'd call it a medium blue-gray.

This doesn't show all the greys, but does have the Glen vs. Carbon and Steel (which Akubra seems to consider the same, if this is to be believed):

http://www.akubra.com.au/pdf/Akubra colour swatch card.pdf

Sargon

Familiar Face
Hope this works. First pic attempt.
DSCF1388.jpg

Sargon

Familiar Face
Yup moonstone it is. Hats direct did not list it on their web site in this color, but I asked and they had it in stock.

citRon

A-List Customer
Sargon, I am putting you at the top of my list to place the blame on for FORCING me to order a Stylemaster in Moonstone from HD. ;)

They had it in my size...what was I supposed to do? [huh] :whistling

Sargon

Familiar Face
Of course they had it in your size. You and I are the same size. And you're the guy running around ebay gobbeling up all the nice hats I want aren't you?? ;)

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Stylemaster: Open crown or pre-bashed?

Hey, all,
I was planning on a Fed IV in moonstone, but I like the looks of those Stylemasters you've posted. Does it come open crown? Can't tell from Hats Direct or EA.

citRon

A-List Customer
jazzncocktails said:
Hey, all,
I was planning on a Fed IV in moonstone, but I like the looks of those Stylemasters you've posted. Does it come open crown? Can't tell from Hats Direct or EA.

Nope- not open crowned. it's pre-formed as you see it, which is a pretty nice Fedora shape.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Sargon said:
Yup moonstone it is. Hats direct did not list it on their web site in this color, but I asked and they had it in stock.
Nice, Sargon...I'd checked the site, too, and no moonstone listed...and EA lists it, but notes a 3 month wait. I'll have to ask.

jec

One of the Regulars
jazzncocktails said:
Nice, Sargon...I'd checked the site, too, and no moonstone listed...and EA lists it, but notes a 3 month wait. I'll have to ask.

I asked EA about a Stylemaster in moonstone just the other day and received an answer from them yesterday:

Thank you for your email.
The Stylemaster in moonstone grey will take a full 3 months.

My Quote in Australian dollars , please note that I charge in Australian dollars the credit card company does the conversion;
Stylemaster $90.00 AUD
Registered airmail $18.52 AUD
Total $108.52 AUD
The exchange rate at present .65 this will make it approximately $70.54 US

Kind Regards

Sam Menche​

rrog

A-List Customer
jazzncocktails said:
Hey, all,

Hey jazz,
Don't know if this has any significance to your decision, but I've got the Stylemaster in Mid Grey (or whatever it's listed as on EA) and the Fed IV. The Stylemaster is a bit more confortable than the Fed IV is. Maybe the Fed IV just hasn't conformed to my head adequately yet, but after wearing it throughout most of the day, I can tell a difference in comfort between the two. I like them both and feel that for me, the Fed IV looks better, but the Stylemaster feels better. Take it for what it's worth and ymmv.

rrog

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
rrog said:
Hey jazz,
I like them both and feel that for me, the Fed IV looks better, but the Stylemaster feels better. Take it for what it's worth and ymmv.

rrog
Thanks, rrog...your experience with the two is very helpful. While I really want an open crown, the Stylemaster looks much more my style...and I love the look of the bound brim. Now, do I really want to wait 3 months for it...:eek:

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
jecoe@earthlink said:
I asked EA about a Stylemaster in moonstone just the other day and received an answer from them yesterday:

Thank you for your email.
The Stylemaster in moonstone grey will take a full 3 months.

My Quote in Australian dollars , please note that I charge in Australian dollars the credit card company does the conversion;
Stylemaster $90.00 AUD
Registered airmail $18.52 AUD
Total $108.52 AUD
The exchange rate at present .65 this will make it approximately $70.54 US

Kind Regards

Sam Menche​
Great info, jecoe...thanks for the research!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner