Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pics of Stylemasters on noggins?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
ValEag said:
Thanks for this pic skyvue.

Blackthorn - which color are you favoring? I'm leaning toward the Moonstone or Acorn. The Acorn is very close in color to a vintage Knox that I just won on Ebay and received today.
ValEag, I'm thinking Acorn. I already have several hats in the Moonstone range, but Acorn...yeah, that is a vacancy in my stable.

carldelo

One Too Many
Here's some pics of my Acorn Stylemaster with a gray Capricorn (click the thumbnails) - sorry no noggin shots. If you're going to the trouble of ordering one, consider a Capricorn while you're at it, they're inexpensive and just about the same dimension as the Stylemaster. Mine gets a lot of wear. Hey, you're saving money on shipping by buying two hats, right?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Naavy Blue Stylemasters

Just by the by - hatsdirect.com is compiling orders for navy blue Stylemasters for delivery 60-90 days ahead today (Friday) in Australia.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
carldelo said:
Here's some pics of my Acorn Stylemaster with a gray Capricorn (click the thumbnails) - sorry no noggin shots. If you're going to the trouble of ordering one, consider a Capricorn while you're at it, they're inexpensive and just about the same dimension as the Stylemaster. Mine gets a lot of wear. Hey, you're saving money on shipping by buying two hats, right?

Nice pics, Carldelo, thanks!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
cookie said:
Just by the by - hatsdirect.com is compiling orders for navy blue Stylemasters for delivery 60-90 days ahead today (Friday) in Australia.

My wife would swoon and faint at the sight of me in one of those..... ;)

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
One caveat: The "navy" Stylemaster is just plain black. i've tried to discern even a hint of blue in it in every kind of light, and haven't managed to yet. The guy at EA insisted I'd see the blue tint to it eventually, but I've stop trying. It registers black even when I wear it with blue clothing.

ValEag

One of the Regulars
cookie said:

For those that are interested - here is the response I received this morning from HD in regard to ordering the Navy Blue:

"thanks for your enquiry.

We can 'special order' most styles from Akubra in colours that they have available for that style. The Stylemaster does come in navy.

However, orders taken at this time of year may not be available until February. This is because Akubra close their factory over January because it gets so hot on the north coast. Normally special orders do take 60 - 90 days.

You can use our normal order system but use the comments section to specify a change of colour. It would also be useful to send a separate email confirming colour change.

Hope this has helped!"

By this reply, I would think the special orders could be done anytime.

carldelo

One Too Many
RobFedoraField said:
it's hard to tell from pics, but which hat has more taper or are the nearly identical? I have a tan capricorn that I absolutly love. and and searching for a dress hat and was considering the stylemaster, but was concerned about the taper.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Hey Rob - I think they're nearly the same - I may have a picture of that comparison, if not I'll take one and post it.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
3371761503_17413b5d96.jpg

"Stylemaster in Mid Grey, I was in Town yesterday looking for a mid brown hat, to wear with a Tan Linen suit, but realised that My "Acorn Fawn" Stylemaster will look spiffing with said suit"

carldelo

One Too Many
RobFedoraField said:
it's hard to tell from pics, but which hat has more taper or are the nearly identical? I have a tan capricorn that I absolutly love. and and searching for a dress hat and was considering the stylemaster, but was concerned about the taper.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Here's a couple more of the comparison photos - the exposures aren't correct, but they show the shapes OK. With the hats in front of me, I'd say the SM has a bit more taper (maybe an 1/8" on each side). The difference is due to the slightly narrower teardrop that is blocked in its crown. I guess if that little bit bugged you it could be steamed a bit wider. It's not that noticeable, however.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
ValEag said:
For those that are interested - here is the response I received this morning from HD in regard to ordering the Navy Blue:

"thanks for your enquiry.

We can 'special order' most styles from Akubra in colours that they have available for that style. The Stylemaster does come in navy.

However, orders taken at this time of year may not be available until February. This is because Akubra close their factory over January because it gets so hot on the north coast. Normally special orders do take 60 - 90 days.

You can use our normal order system but use the comments section to specify a change of colour. It would also be useful to send a separate email confirming colour change.

Hope this has helped!"

By this reply, I would think the special orders could be done anytime.
As long as Akubra makes said hat in said color. But I'm guessing they still won't make a Bogart in tawny fawn or moonstone, sadly. I wonder how many more hats they'd sell if they offered any hat in each of those colors.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
One more question about Stylemasters...

Did you guys order the normal size you wear in any hat, or one size larger because it's an Akubra?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
For the Stylemaster, your normal size. It will seem a quarter- or half-size too large at first, but quickly conform to your correct size with some wearing. A few good sweatings is all it takes.

Most Akburas don't run large... except for the Federation. (I've had my Fed III for six years, and it's still a little big on me, even though it's the same marked size as my other Akubras.)

carldelo

One Too Many
2nd that

Doctor Strange said:
For the Stylemaster, your normal size. It will seem a quarter- or half-size too large at first, but quickly conform to your correct size with some wearing. A few good sweatings is all it takes.

Most Akburas don't run large... except for the Federation. (I've had my Fed III for six years, and it's still a little big on me, even though it's the same marked size as my other Akubras.)

I ordered my size and it's roomy but not too big. I haven't worn it enough to get it properly shrunk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran