Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Playboy won bayside!

PapaSimone

Familiar Face
I recently won this Stetson Playboy on the bay. It seems quite different from other playboys I've seen on the lounge. The one's I've seen don't have this stingy of a brim. I also really like the color and ribbon. Any thoughts? Age? Should it be worn to:
A. Cafe
B. church
C. selling pint of blood to support ebay habit?

2099208669_c97287bd61.jpg

2099208679_a744e3c36e.jpg

2099208673_8f3aa732f1_o.jpg

eaglerich

New in Town
Stetson Playboys

The Playboy is a name Stetson used for many years, and many styles. I have two, one which I believe is from the fifties which has a wide brim and high crown. I also have one which I believe is from the mid to late sixties which is velour-like and has a very stingy brim. Yours is the third different style I have seen that is named Playboy. As for wearing it I would pull that feather and wear it anywhere. It's a good looking hat

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It should be worn by Moi.....what a beauty. :eusa_clap I don't think I've see a Playboy that Stingy before, great color too...I think you should send it to me Papa. :D

Looks like someone might have to change their Avatar. :rolleyes:

eaglerich

New in Town

Now how the heck did that happen? And I thought I was being so original!
I will change my avatar since you've been a member longer than me (by a month, it seems!)

eaglerich

New in Town
My Playboy

Speaking of Stetson Playboy, that's one of mine in my NEW avatar. I believe its mid- 50's. It's the hat I wear most often.

eaglerich

New in Town
Playboy

I would say late 60's or early 70's. If the sweat band is black it's probably in that time frame. Let me add that I'm not as knowlegeable as many on this forum and that others could give you a better estimate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou