Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pleasant surprise at the mall today...

Jerekson

One Too Many
I was at the local ritz mall today and I saw somebody that really struck me as cool.

He was probably early 20's age. He was wearing a very nicely fitting navy blue, two-button blazer, with white pants and, I think, saddle shoes. Some sort of red tie, and a white shirt under the jacket. He had a really good haircut too.

It was interesting because that was literally the only person I saw that I admired as a sense of style. The mall was full of rich cats and "sucessful businessmen" so I got the usual; barrel-chested jackets and peg-leg trousers that drag on the floor.

It was really cool to see someone wearing something that I would wear, for once.

Cameo Carrier

New in Town
Jerekson said:
It was really cool to see someone wearing something that I would wear, for once.

I agree with you. It seems like no one cares anymore. Even when I don't care I still have style, I think at least. Either that or I look like a stupid greaser, lol.

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Getting Sloppier !

Jerekson said:
I was at the local ritz mall today and I saw somebody that really struck me as cool.

He was probably early 20's age. He was wearing a very nicely fitting navy blue, two-button blazer, with white pants and, I think, saddle shoes. Some sort of red tie, and a white shirt under the jacket. He had a really good haircut too.

It was interesting because that was literally the only person I saw that I admired as a sense of style. The mall was full of rich cats and "sucessful businessmen" so I got the usual; barrel-chested jackets and peg-leg trousers that drag on the floor.

I know EXACTLY what you mean - its odd, but a well dressed man really does stand out from the crowd ( or should I say herd !) simply because it is such a rarity in these days of sloppy 'anything will do' clothing. I've noticed lately that even guys one would regard as businessmen are getting sloppy.
Not so many years ago, a 'businessman' would be dressed in a suit with shirt and tie and carry a briefcase. Now they are often to be seen without tie and the briefcase is gone - replaced by some oversize shoulder bag with the strap completely rumpling the jacket. What a mess !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner