Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pleasantville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
carebear said:
I would never expect folks to be more moral. People have been people since the dawn of time.

All I ask is that they just , in public, adhere to some standards of decency and keep the bedroom dress, activity and attitude in the bedroom where it belongs.

The sexual revolution apparently wasn't about actually "doing things"; it was about "doing things" publically.

Discretion, modesty and courtesy towards others (not flaunting your personal kinks) does not equal "repression". It's just good manners.

That's what I yearn for.
Very well said. :eusa_clap

Few of us believe that the Golden Era was a more moral time or that people were somehow universally better then; it's the standards of propriety that have broken down since.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
When ol' Henry told me about getting his bodgie haircut in 1954, with the DA in back, he told me his father was so furious he slammed the then 15-year-old's head through the living room wall!

Reminds me of the time my friend got his ear pierced and he didn't want his Dad to find out, so he took the earring out at home and put it in at school. Well, one morning his Dad is letting the truck warm up and he looks at Frank's ear and asked him; "what's that dirt on your ear?" Frank said "oh it's nothing, just dirt" and his Dad said; "no it's not." grabbed his ear and said; "it a hole. You have an earring!" and smacked him across the head sending his head smashing against the window.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass