Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please advise: classified seller won’t refund item that was never delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonanah

Familiar Face
Hi FL, I am a relatively new member here, but I have purchased a number of items through the classifieds without any incident — until now. Also, bartenders, I apologize if this is not the right place to post this; I’m not sure where else it would go.

I bought a flannel from @Thon Maker, who seemed to be a reputable and well-established member, through this listing about two months ago. Something went wrong with UPS, and the flannel was returned to sender instead of being delivered to me. After UPS marked it successfully returned, @Thon Maker told me he did not actually receive it, but believed it had been returned to an incorrect address.

@Thon Maker confirmed that the package had been fully insured, so I encouraged him to file a claim with UPS, which he proceeded to do, as I could not file a claim as the recipient.

This was the last communication I received from @Thon Maker. My inquiries about the status of the claim went unanswered, as did my request for a refund of my payment. I can only assume his claim was successful, as UPS clearly made an error and the package was insured beyond what I paid.

Because I used paypal friends and family, as it is customary here and I have had no previous issues, I have no recourse through PayPal. I send a request for what I paid through paypal to @Thon Maker, and he canceled it immediately, again without any communication from his end.

FL, do you have any suggestions for what to do in this situation? Am I resigned to chalk this up as a learning experience and pay the 4% goods and services fee from here on out?

@Thon Maker , if you’re reading this, I am refraining from using your real name out of decency, but if you have any yourself you should make this right. Should you do so I will immediately update or delete this thread.

EDIT NOTE: This has been resolved. See below quoted post by OP.

What looked like @Thon Maker ignoring me to take the money and run was actually him being busy dealing with some real-world stuff that is way more important than some clothing transaction on the internet. He is a solid dude who is trying his best, and if I'd had any way to know what was actually going on behind the scenes I never would have made this post. Now that we have finally resumed communication I can safely say that no one should hesitate to do business with @Thon Maker.

And beyond that, send him good energy if you can, as he is entering a difficult season of life. @Thon Maker, if I have said too much, please let me know and I will edit this to remove detail. I just felt it might help for context.

Last edited by a moderator:

newtojackets

Practically Family
Hi FL, I am a relatively new member here, but I have purchased a number of items through the classifieds without any incident — until now. Also, bartenders, I apologize if this is not the right place to post this; I’m not sure where else it would go.

I bought a flannel from @Thon Maker, who seemed to be a reputable and well-established member, through this listing about two months ago. Something went wrong with UPS, and the flannel was returned to sender instead of being delivered to me. After UPS marked it successfully returned, @Thon Maker told me he did not actually receive it, but believed it had been returned to an incorrect address.

@Thon Maker confirmed that the package had been fully insured, so I encouraged him to file a claim with UPS, which he proceeded to do, as I could not file a claim as the recipient.

This was the last communication I received from @Thon Maker. My inquiries about the status of the claim went unanswered, as did my request for a refund of my payment. I can only assume his claim was successful, as UPS clearly made an error and the package was insured beyond what I paid.

Because I used paypal friends and family, as it is customary here and I have had no previous issues, I have no recourse through PayPal. I send a request for what I paid through paypal to @Thon Maker, and he canceled it immediately, again without any communication from his end.

FL, do you have any suggestions for what to do in this situation? Am I resigned to chalk this up as a learning experience and pay the 4% goods and services fee from here on out?

@Thon Maker , if you’re reading this, I am refraining from using your real name out of decency, but if you have any yourself you should make this right. Should you do so I will immediately update or delete this thread.
@Jonanah hopefully resolved now?

Jonanah

Familiar Face
@newtojackets completely -- he just reached out after my post. What looked like @Thon Maker ignoring me to take the money and run was actually him being busy dealing with some real-world stuff that is way more important than some clothing transaction on the internet. He is a solid dude who is trying his best, and if I'd had any way to know what was actually going on behind the scenes I never would have made this post. Now that we have finally resumed communication I can safely say that no one should hesitate to do business with @Thon Maker.

And beyond that, send him good energy if you can, as he is entering a difficult season of life. @Thon Maker, if I have said too much, please let me know and I will edit this to remove detail. I just felt it might help for context.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Both of you are relatively new members in my book given your post counts.

When did you last attempt contact before this thread?

Thon Maker

One of the Regulars
@newtojackets completely -- he just reached out after my post. What looked like @Thon Maker ignoring me to take the money and run was actually him being busy dealing with some real-world stuff that is way more important than some clothing transaction on the internet. He is a solid dude who is trying his best, and if I'd had any way to know what was actually going on behind the scenes I never would have made this post. Now that we have finally resumed communication I can safely say that no one should hesitate to do business with @Thon Maker.

Really appreciate this, you haven't said too much at all.

I had a family situation pop up in the middle of this and I went dark on Jonanah. I shouldn't have done that and dropped a note resolving so I apologize it got to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girlmom