Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please Explain High End Selvedge Jeans to Me

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Haha, will do! Must say, their customer service is very good. Emails replied within a day. They're on for August delivery.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
So you had to pay $20 for shipping?

And will it also be customs and VAT?

To me its almost gonna be as expensive as in the store here because of all the extra charges, I think I will wait until there is a special one again like the grey selvedge.

Im gonna have to pay $99 + $20 shipping + 10.5% customs = $129.5 + 25% VAT = $162 + charge for that they took it through customs is about $25 if im lucky so total $187 for a $99 item.

Edward

Bartender
Based on experience, you can add in and around thirty quid to that for the tax / etc (which should, I think, include Rip-Off Britain's postal "handling fee" of £8), plus the postage ($20 is a good deal for that, IME). Still brings it out significantly cheaper than most of the big brand selvedge on sale here, for something a bit different, so it sounds like a pretty good deal.

schitzo

Suspended
bad news on the asos Lees chaps, they aren't the 23oz denim rather they're some girly midweight stuff, probably 13-14oz I'd guess

RegentSt1965

Familiar Face
Soon find out , they're on the way according to tracking. There were none in the new Neal St LEE store on Monday, not surprisingly, but American Classics still had some (not my size unfortunately) So, I'll report when they arrive.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
But it clearly says 23oz so this is false advertisement. It says normal price $500, now $133. That is totally not right if its only 14-15oz.

schitzo

Suspended
I know cos mine arrived. How else?

@RegentSt maybe it's better to reject the delivery than organise a return?

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Maybe you had a friend that bought them :)

Would you care to take pics that show the specs?

Well then they are ripping people off. How is this usually handled?

schitzo

Suspended
Maybe you had a friend that bought them :)

Would you care to take pics that show the specs?

Well then they are ripping people off. How is this usually handled?

Griff, I'm on the way out mate but trust me these are not the 23ozers. In hindsight, the badge was a bit of a giveaway

Alistar79

Familiar Face
Griff, I'm on the way out mate but trust me these are not the 23ozers. In hindsight, the badge was a bit of a giveaway

Mine came through this morning even though i tried cancelling twice.
I think schitz is right these are not as i'd imagined 23oz to be.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
The $87 for VAT and customs is the worst part. It feels like it will be hard to get back, but they advertised one thing and sold another, the customer shouldnt have to pay for this. Isnt it even illegal?

Its still cheap tho if its selvedge. Not "woho I´m stealing from you"-cheap as if it were 23oz but still I think the cheapest raw selvedge here is about $280

The thing for me is that I actually dont like Lee, and they feel like cheap pants compared to other brands like Diesel, just based on the fabric. So the 23oz was really the selling point for me.

I asked them on their FB-page but they quickly erased it and asked me to PM instead, and in the reply they are like "oh no, the might already have been shipped" lol.

RegentSt1965

Familiar Face
Sounds like someone at Assos c**cked up the product description and they are now trying to avoid a misleading advertising claim. Doubt that a big outfit would deliberately try to flog a few pairs of Jeans for pennies extra profit. If this is true, betya someone at Assos will get their behinds tanned :). I'm sure, of course, this wouldn't be a systemic issue in a reputable company, even in difficult trading times.

schitzo

Suspended
Mine came through this morning even though i tried cancelling twice.
I think schitz is right these are not as i'd imagined 23oz to be.

He is right. I own a few pairs of the 23oz stuff already Alistair, and they have a label inside that says 23oz on it. Also, the weight of these is a complete giveaway too. As soon as I felt my package I realised what had happened because a pair of the real 23ozers weighs about a kilo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy